Goonch Catfish (Bagarius) ID and Care Guide 1.01

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
What will you be keeping it with? Are these require warmer or cooler than the HLG's. I have no idea where the red river basin is but I want 1! Let us know immediately when you get it and post pics haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What will you be keeping it with? Are these require warmer or cooler than the HLG's. I have no idea where the red river basin is but I want 1! Let us know immediately when you get it and post pics haha

Must be a less known river as the only red river I'm familiar with is out west that flows into the Mississippi R.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg

I don't have a clue lol. I know nothing of the river beyond that it cuts through the very northernmost part of Vietnam then is in southern China for the rest of it's length. Once we see pics and get an idea of what it is, we can go from there. I doubt they're HLG, but if I were forced to guess at gunpoint, I'd say that they were likely tropical or subtropical in their needs.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Haha I wasn't implying they were HLG's. I was just using them as an example of whether they liked cooler temps like them. All the Google searchin I did for the red river basin only gave me areas here in the US so southern china and north Vietnam was better info than anything I've found so far haha. Can't wait to see what these guys look like. I wonder who's gonna get the 2nd one. I wish I could but that's a pretty big chunk of change

cgibby

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
U.S.
i have two "yarrelis" coming in with the red river and plan on keeping the tank in the 72-76 range as for tankmates its a bit of a random mix from 5 clouded archers to an african aro

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Is the first 1 the red river basin? They all look extremely similar to me from the pics except it looks like the first pic has a distinct stripe going across the head

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store