Where to get arowana

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
What else are citizens of the U.S. called other then Americans? Let's see I was told I am from a third world country where I have been in war against the U.S., I was called a leaching parasite that collects aid from programs in the U.S. . Who is the one getting carried away? You guys are the ones making it into something that it's not. Didn't say anything negative about Americans. I guess a better way of saying it would have been... How are the U.S. citizens so misinformed about their own laws on asian aros and snake heads. I am just surprised how at least once a week a U.S. citizen asks where to get a snake head and an asian aro. I have nothing against Americans but how are you people in this hobby so unaware about the laws around snake heads and asian aros being illegal in your country when everybody else outside of your country knows?
I'll say it again. People gotta start somewhere. I'm sorry not everyone just knows these things. The purpose of websites like this is to inform people of such laws. This isn't something like dwi where the freeways are covered in billboards... Get over yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'll say it again. People gotta start somewhere. I'm sorry not everyone just knows these things. The purpose of websites like this is to inform people of such laws. This isn't something like dwi where the freeways are covered in billboards... Get over yourself.

Hey man this site is great some top notch people but like anything you always have people that need to "self promote" to feel good about themselves. I have no problem admitting i know nothing about jars or aros. I never read up on them. But thanks for the info guys....i'll be honest at first glance some of the asian aros look like jars. Thats what prompted the question in the first place

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Butthurt...Well next time you get a DUI tell the cop you didn't read about and you may get off. Now I better get to work building up my friend list because I guess it's real important for some reason, just like it is on ps3. LOL Does the person with the biggest friend list get a prize or something?
I'll be your friend

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
not trying to defend or attack anyone here but honestly a good rule of thumb would be to research any fish you want to get thoroughly first then if you still need something clarified further come up with solid, specific questions that you need answers too. also trying to help doesn't really work well if your answer comes across as being rude or talking down to someone. that said let's help this guy find the right arowana and tank setup.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
This site is here for people to come to and ask questions and share experiences. If you don't like the question or have nothing constructive to add move on. I encourage members to ask all the questions they have, others members may have the same question. No one should ever act arrogant condescending it only detracts from your relevance.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
i'll be honest at first glance some of the asian aros look like jars. Thats what prompted the question in the first place

That's why I like them too. I'd love to have an Asian, but don't think they will be legal here anytime soon. The biggest downside I see to Jars is that from what I hear, they don't usually tolerate any tank mates. Having a wet pet in something large enough to keep a single would be tough for me.

And back to where to get one, I've seen Jars at LFS where I live. And that's in Iowa. Not the most exotic fish friendly location. If you can't find one locally, ask to have one ordered in at a LFS, or get one online. They really aren't hard to find.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Even my dinky little town with only 3 traffic lights has a small pet shop and they get Jars in frequently.

mattyice572

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2015
New Jersey
You wont find a crossback for sale in any store legally within the united states. My reccomendation for you is either a black arrowanna or find a high shine jardini. I saw a nice jardini in a local store this past week, the scales were a nice yellow

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
That's why I like them too. I'd love to have an Asian, but don't think they will be legal here anytime soon. The biggest downside I see to Jars is that from what I hear, they don't usually tolerate any tank mates. Having a wet pet in something large enough to keep a single would be tough for me.

And back to where to get one, I've seen Jars at LFS where I live. And that's in Iowa. Not the most exotic fish friendly location. If you can't find one locally, ask to have one ordered in at a LFS, or get one online. They really aren't hard to find.
What stores in Iowa?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Just saw a jar tonight was only about 5 or 6 inches...looked cool but def dodnt look pearly like some of the ones ive seen on this site. I gotta figure out how im gonna convince wife that gwtting another tank wont be "big deal"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store