Award program guide + FAQ

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
looks like uve been busy Chix! nice lol... 1 outta 2 displayed for me aint bad haha... im sure u have alot of people 2 take care of...keep up the good work :) and thanks...

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
looks like uve been busy Chix! nice lol... 1 outta 2 displayed for me aint bad haha... im sure u have alot of people 2 take care of...keep up the good work :) and thanks...
Any chance you could point me to the one I missed? I agree you shoudl have more, but I can't find them lol

Edit- Nevermind, found it. Derp.

Sorry bout that.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I have a question. How do you get awarded the same award twice? If you have it, you have it. I could see getting different levels upgrading from bronze to silver then to gold for example but not getting the same thing more than once. It's not like the Olympics or a medal in the army where you add a star or and oak leaf device. It's an achievement award once it's achieved it's achieved, one and done is sufficient. Otherwise we'll start looking like a generalissimo in the Mexican army.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I have a question. How do you get awarded the same award twice? If you have it, you have it. I could see getting different levels upgrading from bronze to silver then to gold for example but not getting the same thing more than once. It's not like the Olympics or a medal in the army where you add a star or and oak leaf device. It's an achievement award once it's achieved it's achieved, one and done is sufficient. Otherwise we'll start looking like a generalissimo in the Mexican army.
Normally there's only one per person. If someone nominated you or I for a gold contributor, it would upgrade and the silver would go away. The only time there's more than one of a particular award is with the POTM stuff where you can win more than one, or with the big tank awards, where every now and then someone like A arapaimag qualifies for two.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That sounds fair. I was thinking someone would have twenty awards and would take up the whole page.........lol.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
And if the community feels the design of the awards looks austentatious, I have the ability to change the way they look.
That sounds fair. I was thinking someone would have twenty awards and would take up the whole page.........lol.
The current generalissimo is Chaitika Chaitika with I think six awards, because he's won like 80% of our photo contests (lmao). Other than that, most of the 'stacked' members have 3-4. I can't imagine a situation where most members would have more than that.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I am changing the current limit on big tank awards from two to three. This is in large part because vincentwugwg vincentwugwg qualifies for three gold tank awards, but due to the admittedly arbitrary limit of two awards per category that was initiated back in 2013, I had to give him six awards instead of just three. It occurs to me that I defeated my own purpose for the two award limit: preventing too much page stretch. So, at this point, I am going to redact the two tank awards per category limit, and issue Vince a more appropriate recognition of three gold awards.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store