who else feeds crickets or any different critters

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ hnmmmm, i never thought about using shrimp tails / empty shells to feed fish fry... Gotta keep that in mind for the future...

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My fish eat all kinds of things. Frozen bloodworms, live blackworms, snails, nightcrawlers, and even cut up pieces of leftover walleye of steelhead from the fishing season.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I feed my fish crickets from time to time. But they love nightcrawlers !! If I don't feed them nightcrawlers at least once a week . . my floor gets a puddle on it .... not sure which one of them do it ... but im guessing its one of the big ones ...

Reactions: Garrett.turbo

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I feed my exos and catfish frozen bloodworms, live blackworms and cut up red worms. I tried small crickets but the exos don't seem to recognize that it's food.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Walleye is a tasty fish.
I heard walleye and Pike are the best freshwater fish, but to be honest, as much as I fish for bass, I have only eaten it once since back in 1993 and I don't even remember what it tastes like - striped, smallmouth or largemouth. IDK, i'm a bass fisherman so if I kill a bass it's like im killing a part of myself. weird, huh? I don't actually keep ANY gamefish that aren't stocked or sustainable-farmed, tbh. Just a couple black crappie last April because I never tried it before and I figured at 35 years old, it was time to see what the rave was all about. It wasn't disappointing :)

Try pinhead crickets or flightless fruit flies. Small crickets aren't exactly ssmall enough for a lot of fish, reptiles or amphibians, and drop them in at the same time you toss in the flake and pellet food to trick them into sampling it.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I heard walleye and Pike are the best freshwater fish, but to be honest, as much as I fish for bass, I have only eaten it once since back in 1993 and I don't even remember what it tastes like - striped, smallmouth or largemouth. IDK, i'm a bass fisherman so if I kill a bass it's like im killing a part of myself. weird, huh? I don't actually keep ANY gamefish that aren't stocked or sustainable-farmed, tbh. Just a couple black crappie last April because I never tried it before and I figured at 35 years old, it was time to see what the rave was all about. It wasn't disappointing :)

Try pinhead crickets or flightless fruit flies. Small crickets aren't exactly ssmall enough for a lot of fish, reptiles or amphibians, and drop them in at the same time you toss in the flake and pellet food to trick them into sampling it.
Thanks I'll have to give pinheads a try. Hopefully they'll see it as food.

Reactions: Frank Castle

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
Bought done FD Black Soldier Fly Larvae. High in calcium. Gonna see if my Archerfish, loaches and morays will eat it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store