new natives

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
He never said he did anything illegal and never mentioned what state he is in. If someone is says "I am new from Arizona and I have 10 stingrays" or "FS snakeheads New York" the mods should say/do something to protect the integrity of the site. If someone starts a thread I will like to get a stingray there is no reason to assume what he is doing is illegal just because it is illegal somewhere in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act
That..is exactly what I just said. I've seen threads were people ask about stingrays and the thread gets booted because the mods check their IP. I saw one guy ask about motoro rays, said he was in MA or PA or somewhere and he got banned because, and I quote, "you can say you are from wherever you want, IP's don't lie". straight from a mod lol. I understand privacy laws very well my friend, trust me.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Also, just to keep this thread pushing along...That guy that called Frank a douche is the same dude who I believe called out MNRebel on native law here too....if anyones the douche sir...it isn't Frank lol.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
"you can say you are from wherever you want, IP's don't lie"
I can see a moderator saying this, but sometimes the IP does lie. I don't really care enough to argue about this but he is a little funny side story about IPs.

At my old job photobucket was blocked. When pictures were posted in a thread I was unable to see them. I used a proxy to get around the photobucket ban.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I can see a moderator saying this, but sometimes the IP does lie. I don't really care enough to argue about this but he is a little funny side story about IPs.

At my old job photobucket was blocked. When pictures were posted in a thread I was unable to see them. I used a proxy to get around the photobucket ban.
Oh no worries I'm not arguing I'm just stating they do in fact go deeper than face value here.

I know IP's can be altered, forged, re-routed etc. But I highly doubt someone is going that deep into the blackmarket fish world on here.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
So to clear things up thanks to everyone who just looked at the picks and enjoyed them thanks. I already stated these fish came from a private resort. These fish do not occur here naturally. The water is stocked with trout (brown I believe), largemouth bass and panfish. You must have a state license plus a permit for the property. The bass and trout have size and quantity limits panfish have none. Guest at the resort are free to take what they please. So once again all this crap that was started had nothing to do with my original post. PS the vacation was wonderful first time in my 39 years that I have fished 6 days straight lol. IMG_20160617_095834561_HDR.jpg PS this was my fishing heaven for 6 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrobxc

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
So to clear things up thanks to everyone who just looked at the picks and enjoyed them thanks. I already stated these fish came from a private resort. These fish do not occur here naturally. The water is stocked with trout (brown I believe), largemouth bass and panfish. You must have a state license plus a permit for the property. The bass and trout have size and quantity limits panfish have none. Guest at the resort are free to take what they please. So once again all this crap that was started had nothing to do with my original post. PS the vacation was wonderful first time in my 39 years that I have fished 6 days straight lol. View attachment 1190135 PS this was my fishing heaven for 6 days.
where is that at?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So to clear things up thanks to everyone who just looked at the picks and enjoyed them thanks. I already stated these fish came from a private resort. These fish do not occur here naturally. The water is stocked with trout (brown I believe), largemouth bass and panfish. You must have a state license plus a permit for the property. The bass and trout have size and quantity limits panfish have none. Guest at the resort are free to take what they please. So once again all this crap that was started had nothing to do with my original post. PS the vacation was wonderful first time in my 39 years that I have fished 6 days straight lol. View attachment 1190135 PS this was my fishing heaven for 6 days.
I wasn't referring to your Green Sunfish in my post - someone carried over a "conversation" from another thread and that's why it may have looked that way. Never told you to kill anything either, just use them for bait or take as many as you want. Fewer Green Sunfish and Rockbass in any fishing spot w/ other predatory fish makes for better fishing for everyone. Bigger predatory fish will feed on them, but Greens are among the most aggressive of ALL N.A. Natives and Bass under 12" will be bullied by them. Also was saying how it is illegal in many places to move them from one body of water to another, along w/ Rockbass and various other species, like Carp.

When you own a private bass pond/lake these are 2 fish you DO NOT want to put in it. Pumpkinseeds, Bluegills, Longear, Redear, Redbreast and Crappie are all a much better choice to keep the natural balance of things. Having smaller mouths and different diet preferences keeps the gamefish big and fat and growing without heavy competition from other predatory Sunfish

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
MFK is under no obligation to report someone they suspect of catching a under sized fish. I doubt they sit there and match IPs up to the tanks people claim they have. That is not even a reliable method. Right now I am in one state and my fish are at my parents house in another. Lots of fear mongering going on here lately.
lol I must have missed this one.

Think about it, someone just "mentions" illegal and they disappear??? That sounds like a guilty conscience to me and if anything, it makes them look MORE suspect than before. Why else would they just disappear.......even using an excuse like "i don't want to read people trolling"

There's an old saying - "If it doesn't apply, let it fly"

You think everyone is all straight-edge and follows all the rules? I know at least 2 MAJOR LEAGUE vendors in the reptile trade who were busted for selling Federally protected species. Sad part is, they already made so much money by their reputation alone, they didn't even NEED to jeopardize their business by doing illegal stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store