Why Is It So Dead In Here?

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Old people, boring people, politics talk, people reading and not responding, rise of apps on smart phones, not enough chicks (posters and pics), lack of quality trolls
you took the words out from my mouth. I agreed 100%. I do want to add one thing, people nowaday give less respect to one another. Not like our old days we every forums are flooded with kool people, tons of knowledge people, group meeting, having cook out and post up pics. Lots of fun. Not any more.

Welcome back Sumo. Good to see old timer back.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
7 pages within 24hrs caught my attention.
that's how i roll mang, it's more about the quality of your post than the quantity. post count don't mean squat to me. it's about asking questions, striking conversations and keeping them going. giving input and pushing bounderies, evoke feelings and reactions out of people. that's what this place needs and been lacking

too much whining and butthurt going on lately from what i see. people used to complain about mods, i don't think it was the mods at all. i've said plenty to mods before, you can say anything you want, it's about the way you say it and your intention. i can deliver the same message to you without cussing you out. because i'm an adult, not a grade school brat in the playground

it's true there was a level of respect among members before, but there has always been a level of disrespect also. i don't get caught up in petty fighting, you slay them with knowledge and maturity. i've never been banned before because i know how to carry myself even when there's tension and even when facing verbal attack

anyways, wdup sticky icky? been a while dude

Last edited:

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
that's how i roll mang, it's more about the quality of your post than the quantity. post count don't mean squat to me. it's about asking questions, striking conversations and keeping them going. giving input and pushing bounderies, evoke feelings and reactions out of people. that's what this place needs

too much whining and butthurt going on lately from what i see. people used to complain about mods, i don't think it was the mods at all. i've said plenty to mods before, you can say anything you want, it's about the way you say it and your intention. i can deliver the same message to you without cussing you out. because i'm an adult, not a grade school brat in the playground

it's true there was a level of respect among members before, but there has always been a level of disrespect also. i don't get caught up in petty fighting, you slay them with knowledge and maturity. i've never been banned before because i know how to carry myself even when there's tension and even when facing verbal attack

anyways, wdup sticky icky? been a while dude
Yea man been a while, I just got back myself about 8 months ago. Took a few years break from the mess, and save up for the fish i been dream to own lol.

Yea I missed the old days, it was really fun and people doesnt get offended easy and just enjoyed the forum and move on. Many many knowledge people have gone, but I still talked to most of them. With today social media today like facebook, Instagram, tweeter and others people go over there and enjoyed more.

I do see a lot of "kids" that act like they know everything, when you call them out instead of appreciated the help and suggestion they get mad and offended. Back in our days people help each other out a lot and appreciated the time and effort. You dont see much here.

I would want to see old members back again, like the old days it would be fun again. Socal are flooded with rare fish and knowledge people.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It was one of the closed threads. Some Henry person thought the thread got too big and he had it closed by a mod because he's no fun.
Got outa hand and it was depressing me seeing good people at each others throats

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Reporting for thread..

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
You know, I think all oldtimers, including mods, are longing for continued quality threads. Contributions that matter. Expertise or first-hand experiences on fish that you cannot find in a book. Collegial chit chat. Some seriously well-deserved bragging. Showing off real /\/\onsters and pushing the boundaries of our hobby. Large fish with huge appetites. Tankbusters kept right.

This is still going on, and we can continue to always do better, together with noobies. We're all in it together.

Admittedly, none of that ever happened in the Lounge.

The Lounge used to be busting each other's chops in good spirits. Sharing crazy stuff found in an early internet. The social glue for fish nerds.

The Lounge then "evolved" into broadcasting single opinions, political confrontations, gun, violence and sex threads that have no place on our site. People are here too talk fish, not to be uncomfortable or even offended.

Mods got a bad name because we had to play peacemaker a few too many times.

Quite honestly, I don't mind that this silly talk has been going to Facebook or elsewhere.

I'm here to enjoy the hobby with like-minded folks in good spirits. And I'm enjoying your thread for that very reason.

Welcome back, sumo.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Well i only have first hand experience with african knives and everything else i own is standard (betta, 16 goldfish and a characin)

All i can add is that african knives seem to cohabit in small tanks if given space to hide ir i am extremely lucky

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store