accidentally turned off my keyboard.....

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Last night and I have no idea what I did, but I have figured out how to access the on-screen keyboard since this is a touchscreen laptop so I'm actually typing this on the damn CPU screen.

Can anyone tell me how to restore my standard keyboard with the actual keys?? what did i press and how did I do it? I was in the middle of responding to a thread and it just happened

Reactions: chopsuey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Go to the Ease of Access section. Under Explore all settings, click on Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard: then uncheck the on screen KB option. and make sure it off from the start up with window too.

Reactions: tlindsey

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Go to the Ease of Access section. Under Explore all settings, click on Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard: then uncheck the on screen KB option. and make sure it off from the start up with window too.
It only says "use keyboard to access the web"

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It only says "use keyboard to access the web"
What's version of your window operating version? I'm assuming you're using either 7, 8 or 10 either version its still have same setup. Here try this use your search and type in on screen keyboard it will pop up the page that let you turn on, or off.

Reactions: Frank Castle

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; You have my sympathy. This sort of thing happens to me often. Good luck. I wil follow the thread in case someone gives some useful advice.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Frank Castle Frank Castle LOL what did u do?~ hahah jk
what laptop is it? give me a model number and
i can look up a way to turn if off for you.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
What's version of your window operating version? I'm assuming you're using either 7, 8 or 10 either version its still have same setup. Here try this use your search and type in on screen keyboard it will pop up the page that let you turn on, or off.
Frank Castle Frank Castle LOL what did u do?~ hahah jk
what laptop is it? give me a model number and
i can look up a way to turn if off for you.
Its windows 8. My laptop is a dell inspiron 15 3000 series

koizilla714

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2016
Planet Earth
  1. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen until the Charms Bar appears.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Change PC settings.
  4. Under PC settings, select PC and devices.
  5. Select Mouse and touchpad.
  6. Locate the Touchpad On/Off toggle switch to disable or enable the touchpad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store