EBJD eye issues, any advise appreciated!

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Hi all,
My EBJD is developing an issue with one eye. I don't think this is popeye, but please correct me if I'm wrong. His eye has started to get what looks like extra tissue around it. He is not acting abnormal, and it doesn't appear to bother him. Water parameters are good. 0 ammonia, 0 no2 and less than 20 no3. He lives in a 125 gallon with a severum and an angel fish and some Pictus cats. I did a 70% water change Friday last week and 50% today. I normally do 50% weekly, but did extra last week to be on safe side since I noticed the eye issue. There has been no change at all since I first noticed it about a week and a half ago. Any ideas? Something I should treat or just EBJD development issue? I got him in April of 2016 at 1 inch. He is now slightly over 6 inches.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
i have had a pearl gourami that got a random issue with his eye and no one could help me id what it was. Very hard with eyes.

My approach (which worked) was to do 3-4 water changes a week and feed top of the line food, and keep tank clean with regular vacs. Basically i believe most eye issues to be a form of fungus caused by less than ideal environments.

took about a month of this before it was 100% better.

All-Happy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2006
SoCal SGV
Salt,salt,and more solar salt.don't be afraid to be generous with rock salt.fresh activated carbon can also help in your situation

All-Happy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2006
SoCal SGV
Severe eye probs or stage 3-5 cloud eye/popeye can be cured with mela/pima fix.eye scratch or injury cannot be fixed

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Severe eye probs or stage 3-5 cloud eye/popeye can be cured with mela/pima fix.eye scratch or injury cannot be fixed
I'm wondering if it was an injury or developmental issue. I really don't think it's a water quality issue as I'm pretty ocd about their water. Tank is understocked and I have 3 different filters ( 5 stage canister, hob and internal sponge/uv sanitizing filter). And like I said 50% water change every Friday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store