Ordering Delhezis today!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have a line from where the double sided tape on my background is.

Maybe it's a reflection from the lights

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I have a line from where the double sided tape on my background is.

Maybe it's a reflection from the lights
It's very strange. I've never had it on any other tank i've had before. I set them all up the same. I'm thinking it's a defect in how it was built.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Just go to Petco and get some stuff to throw in there to help your cycle go faster.

The line looks like a reflection to me...?

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Just go to Petco and get some stuff to throw in there to help your cycle go faster.

The line looks like a reflection to me...?
I've tried a bottle of nite out before and it didn't work. Do you have a line that you recommend?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Sorry I meant plants. Don't you know by know that Polyaddict is the PolyPusher and I am the PlantPusher? ;)

I know that some people in this forum have used starters with success. It's a bummer that the established media didn't work for you.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Sorry I meant plants. Don't you know by know that Polyaddict is the PolyPusher and I am the PlantPusher? ;)

I know that some people in this forum have used starters with success. It's a bummer that the established media didn't work for you.
It really is a bummer the media didn't work. It might kick in at some point?

I love plants almost as much as I do fish. My last planted tank was a 90 gallon and I had a few neons in it just because. I want a big box of val. Where do you order yours?

Wonder if val will hold up in sand and will the root tabs stay put in sand?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
The new one is not doing well imo. I put plenty of media from the established canister into the new one and it's like it didn't help at all. I'm having high ammonia and no other levels.

My poly are doing awesome. I don't really see any noticeable growth out of my ornates but my dels are getting big fast. One in particular is a fatty!!
Pick up some tetra safe start. Works really good. Do you use a dechlorinator after wc's ? If so you have to wait 24 hrs (i think maybe 48) after using it to does the safestart. Shake the bottle like crazy then add it.

View attachment 1235413

What is this horizontal line in the glass? You can only see it with the light on.
Did you fill the tank up half way and let it sit then finish filling later ? May be just a water line try rubbing it off

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I got the Vals locally at Wetspot. I have had them in sand before without issue, and you can do root tabs in sand, too! I haven't found vals to be picky. At all. LOL. I have to continually pull them out.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have used Stability by seachem with great success ;)

I'm also looking into vals, they can be found in Africa so are fair game for my tank :D

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I got the Vals locally at Wetspot. I have had them in sand before without issue, and you can do root tabs in sand, too! I haven't found vals to be picky. At all. LOL. I have to continually pull them out.
Do you do anything with your plants/quarentine etc. before putting them in the tank?
lol @ "the plant pusher" ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store