Updates from the 300

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Put aside the Faranah label for a short minute. Our Lap species is so complex.

I'm gonna put my photo and DMD123 Laps from Guinea versus 8 known faranah laps out of many. They're just different visually from marking style, headshape, and even smaller finlets than mine and DMD. Just my observation.

View attachment 1240884 View attachment 1240883

Faranah Laps - 8 examples below. Many more otherd consistent to looking like these. Don't force me to make more collages, lol.... There's just too many that look like these.

View attachment 1240885
View attachment 1240886
Just stare at my post #959 for a bit. You gotta admit. They are different. Just to reiterate. I'm not saying DMD and mine are the same. But they visually different than the 20+ faranah laps I can easily find on the net.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

I'm gonna put my photo and DMD123 Laps from Guinea versus 8 known faranah laps out of many. They're just different visually from marking style, headshape, and even smaller finlets than mine and DMD. Just my observation.

Faranah Laps - 8 examples below. Many more otherd consistent to looking like these. Don't force me to make more collages, lol.... There's just too many that look like these.

View attachment 1240885
View attachment 1240886
I can spot just as many differences between the 8 smaller laps...one for sure is mine and its eay smaller than yours or dmds. Dmds was sold as a faranah guinea lap. This is like saying my faranah endli is a different fish than polyaddicts because the patterns differ slightly. Or our kolotons are different fish because their patterns differ slightly.

I faranah and faranah guinea lap are the same exact fish, same catch location just different wording lol
Polyaddict has two fish from the same batch and one looks like mine one looks like dmds. Imo no more proof is needed than his two fish showing this crinlky fry pattern is nothing more than a variarion from fish to fish.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

View attachment 1240885
View attachment 1240886
lol gonna be wise guy lol stare at post 949 lol just kidding but even your fish and dmds have differences.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Reactions: Polyaddict86

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 for the another collage :)

the conversation you guys had needs to get transferred to the catch location/ID thread which I hope gets stickied as a reference. So that way people like me can reread it over and over again until it sinks in.

Lets have the guinea endli argument again lmaoo just kidding !
soooooon

Reactions: Polyaddict86

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I have to throw this in there too... one side of the 'Faranah Guinea lap' has the unorganized squiggly pattern and the other 'Faranah lap' side has the more crinkle cut fry pattern. So I can call it either name and it works! lol :rolleyes:

Just wanted to update the Nigerian, who has been showing some greens. Next to the 'Faranah Guinea lap' or 'Faranah lap'. :p

Just a giant head and skinny body :eek:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 for the another collage :)

the conversation you guys had needs to get transferred to the catch location/ID thread which I hope gets stickied as a reference. So that way people like me can reread it over and over again until it sinks in.

soooooon
lmaoo we probably had this argument on that thread along with 10 others lol

Reactions: clm08k

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I have to throw this in there too... one side of the 'Faranah Guinea lap' has the unorganized squiggly pattern and the other 'Faranah lap' side has the more crinkle cut fry pattern. So I can call it either name and it works! lol :rolleyes:

Just wanted to update the Nigerian, who has been showing some greens. Next to the 'Faranah Guinea lap' or 'Faranah lap'. :p

Just a giant head and skinny body :eek:
Hahahaha:D you are crazy bro.

Nigerian lap looking awesome, you gonna love that green color.
So you dont need my nigerian lap no more right? :D

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store