Help Me Poly Stock

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I plan on mixing LJs with my UJs when I upgrade. My plan is to start with the smaller UJs as I have, let them grow larger. I would like an Ornate but am concerned about aggression... so thought I'd add one that was smaller than my current group later. (So they grow up with other polys bigger than them and aren't the king of the tank right away.) Then add LJs and hope for the best. Who knows what will happen ultimately, of course depending on the individual personalities.

What do you plan on doing for scaping? I personally am not a fan of getting polys that I will never see - but some people like to have certain fish in their collection because they like them, even if they don't see them that often. My Moke is awesome but I picked him out from a store and he was not hiding then... so that may have something to do with it. He still goes through phases where he wants to be in a corner for awhile. But it's a visible corner LOL.

How are you leaning re: what mix of UJ/LJ or potential numbers in the future?

I LOVE my rope fish. They are skinny though. Does anyone here know of members that have kept rope fish with LJS?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
kewpiefishypewpie kewpiefishypewpie , glad to hear you want an ornate. They get a bad rep, but are beautiful and funny creatures. They are the best. *BA BA BAAAAA air horn*

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I would love a Teug, Weeksii and Ornate, along with my Del, Polli, Moke and mayyyyybe Rope Fish, if they would be safe. Then a few LJs. At the moment on my LJ list are Faranah Lap, Endli of some sort hopefully not aggro, PBB. :)
But I have a while to decide.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I plan on mixing LJs with my UJs when I upgrade. My plan is to start with the smaller UJs as I have, let them grow larger. I would like an Ornate but am concerned about aggression... so thought I'd add one that was smaller than my current group later. (So they grow up with other polys bigger than them and aren't the king of the tank right away.) Then add LJs and hope for the best. Who knows what will happen ultimately, of course depending on the individual personalities.

What do you plan on doing for scaping? I personally am not a fan of getting polys that I will never see - but some people like to have certain fish in their collection because they like them, even if they don't see them that often. My Moke is awesome but I picked him out from a store and he was not hiding then... so that may have something to do with it. He still goes through phases where he wants to be in a corner for awhile. But it's a visible corner LOL.

I LOVE my rope fish. They are skinny though. Does anyone here know of members that have kept rope fish with LJS?
almost positive dr.b kept some ropes with his

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016

I want the tank to have a decent amount of plants but not so much that they're hiding all the time like you said. Looks like I seriously have a ton of options here, trying not to spend my whole work day researching poly's lol

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Mwaaaaahaahaa (evil laugh) the poly section is on fire lol

Lots of us start out with uper jaw then migrate towards lower jaws dont really know why lol
Dr.b has a poly comm with mixed uj and lj so search his threads.
It all boils down to personal oponion or tastes. I prefer lower jaws because they look more prehistoric to me. As for aggression you never know. I have had more problems with uj than lower jaws. There was a time when even my little sen was nippy.
Glad your not put off by the ornates aggression. I love them too just takes a little tweaking and luck. Plenty of people have them and had no issues.

If i were gonna stock a 180 i'd probably get most of them from toyin (rehobothaquatics) and would do something like this.
Faranah endli
Koloton
Faranah lap
Cb ornate
Ansorgii (not a huge fan but everyone loves them soo...lol)
Black volta endli
Cb endli (love the crazy patterns but always the chance of poor genetics, worth it the gamble)
Absolutely a congicus (my favirote poly)
And maybe a teugelsi

All boils down to what you like, have fun poly shopping !
How do you order from Toyin? I went to rehobothaquatics website but only saw a mailing list to sign up for.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Do I just ask if he's got the poly's I want in stock? What are prices like with him?
Hes hard to communicate with being that hes soo busy and ships all over the place thats why i would wait until your ready to place your order. When are you setting up the 180 ?

Figure out your stock list. We can ball park the prices for you. Then email him on what you want.

Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 dmcskoolkid dmcskoolkid

Wouldnt that be the easiest for op ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store