Help Me Poly Stock

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Dr.B Dr.B - can you comment on this really quickly? Have you successfully kept rope fish with LJs?
Ooh yeah good question magpie magpie I'm really fond of your ropes

Reactions: magpie

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
What do you guys think as far as filtration goes? I'm thinking sump, never designed one before but seems easy enough.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I haven't kept ropes with larger sized lower jaws. I've kept them with up to 8" lower jaws. No matter how well fed I keep my lower jaws I don't trust their instinct to grab the much slimmer, worm-like, rope fish.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
However I have contemplated creating an area of the tank (more towards the top and to one side) that would be a serviceable place ropes could stay and hide in the tank with larger lower jaws. But even then I'd be nervous they'd wonder out at night and be mistaken as food by my larger lower jaws.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
What do you guys think as far as filtration goes? I'm thinking sump, never designed one before but seems easy enough.
yeah for a tank that size you definitely want to go sump. They're fairly easy to build and you can find a ton of help on this site and from The King of DIY on youtube.

I've emailed him 3 times with no answer.
Yeah that's the way it goes with toyin. just be patient. Send an email and wait a few days and he'll usually respond. But as mentioned by jaws, it's best not to contact him until you know exactly what you want and you are ready to order.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store