Help Me Poly Stock

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Sump 100% get the tank drilled. You will never ever ever regret it. Filtration section is great.if not for a sump i wouldnt have gotten a 300gal
It's going to be a glass 180 I'm kind of sketched out thinking about drilling it. Dual overflows wouldn't be as good?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
If you decide to go this route with the tanks drilled. You'll need the overflow weir, bulkheads, and all the necessary plumbing leading to the sump.

If you go with canisters. Drilling not necessary.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I'm definitely going to go the sump route, I feel like I can get a lot more out of a sump than a canister or two. If the shop can drill it they can, if not I'll just use overflows.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
It's going to be a glass 180 I'm kind of sketched out thinking about drilling it. Dual overflows wouldn't be as good?
I'm definitely going to go the sump route, I feel like I can get a lot more out of a sump than a canister or two. If the shop can drill it they can, if not I'll just use overflows.
You shouldnt have to drill anything. Just request it when purchasing. Tell tjem to order you a 180 dual/single overlflow with x size bulkheads. Sump can be a used 55 gal or smaller. Thsts the thing with sumps you can do basically anything you want in them, want a reactor throw it in the sump, spare bio, heaters, what ever u can think of just throw it in the sump. Holds way more bio than cans and if you go with filter socks maintenance is a breeze no squeezing out foam pads.

While your planning the poly stock you should research sumps and plumbing drainage methods.

Start a thread in the filtration section those guys will have you up to speed in npo time. Way too many options (bean animal, herbies ) to discuss here. Im serious i wouldnt have gotten a large tank if i wasnt able to put a sump on it.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
You shouldnt have to drill anything. Just request it when purchasing. Tell tjem to order you a 180 dual/single overlflow with x size bulkheads. Sump can be a used 55 gal or smaller. Thsts the thing with sumps you can do basically anything you want in them, want a reactor throw it in the sump, spare bio, heaters, what ever u can think of just throw it in the sump. Holds way more bio than cans and if you go with filter socks maintenance is a breeze no squeezing out foam pads.

While your planning the poly stock you should research sumps and plumbing drainage methods.

Start a thread in the filtration section those guys will have you up to speed in npo time. Way too many options (bean animal, herbies ) to discuss here. Im serious i wouldnt have gotten a large tank if i wasnt able to put a sump on it.
Say they can't order me a tank that is already drilled, it's not a necessity right? I can just use a couple of overflows can't I? Sorry if I'm being dense

I'm ordering this tank through a LFS I frequent that can use as much help as they can get, plus they'll sell me the tank at cost.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Why me?? Lolz :D, J jaws7777 and DMD123 DMD123 got me into LJ WC, then i meet Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 who explained to me about catch location, after that poly world just got bigger for me:)
How did I end up on the blame list? It was just a couple pictures and a few discussions... lol :p

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I wish I could help. I know next to nothing about filtration.

kewpiefishypewpie kewpiefishypewpie
If you still want to do a sump, another option could be to find a drilled tank on craigslist and then maybe get the LFS to help you out with the buying actual sump or build? idk. again I don't know anything about filtration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store