Help Me Poly Stock

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
This forum is like a vacuum cleaner. We suck the whole website into our forum and make them buy polys. The same thing happened to me. J jaws7777 and Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 among others got me hooked.
haha it really is. Jaws and polyaddict got me too. First MFK, then the world!

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I haven't kept ropes with larger sized lower jaws. I've kept them with up to 8" lower jaws. No matter how well fed I keep my lower jaws I don't trust their instinct to grab the much slimmer, worm-like, rope fish.
Thanks for the info I think I'm going to pass on the ropes, I'd much rather have some LJ's and I don't want to put the ropes in danger. Too bad.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
haha it really is. Jaws and polyaddict got me too. First MFK, then the world!
Why me?? Lolz :D, J jaws7777 and DMD123 DMD123 got me into LJ WC, then i meet Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 who explained to me about catch location, after that poly world just got bigger for me:)

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
yeah for a tank that size you definitely want to go sump. They're fairly easy to build and you can find a ton of help on this site and from The King of DIY on youtube.
Yeah, king of diy kind of annoys me but he does have a lot of good information. I'll check out what he's got to say. I know I definitely want to do HOB overflows.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Yeah, king of diy kind of annoys me but he does have a lot of good information. I'll check out what he's got to say. I know I definitely want to do HOB overflows.
I just bought one, i fixing my whole sump. Bought a hob overflow and a new pump, and im about to build a purigen reactor after i finish this sump project.

IMG_4842.JPG

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I just bought one, i fixing my whole sump. Bought a hob overflow and a new pump, and im about to build a purigen reactor after i finish this sump project.

View attachment 1240992
Awesome man yeah I just saw that in your thread about having trouble with water parameters. Glad to see things are getting better for you, let me know how the build goes! Or I'll just check your thread again lol

Reactions: Polyaddict86

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I haven't kept ropes with larger sized lower jaws. I've kept them with up to 8" lower jaws. No matter how well fed I keep my lower jaws I don't trust their instinct to grab the much slimmer, worm-like, rope fish.
Thank you! Yes, that's what I worry about. I guess mine will live long term in the current tank. They do seem to love the plants (esp. the Vals) so might be happier there long term anyway.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What do you guys think as far as filtration goes? I'm thinking sump, never designed one before but seems easy enough.
Sump 100% get the tank drilled. You will never ever ever regret it. Filtration section is great.if not for a sump i wouldnt have gotten a 300gal

Yo the good dr shows up !
Why me?? Lolz :D, J jaws7777 and DMD123 DMD123 got me into LJ WC, then i meet Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 who explained to me about catch location, after that poly world just got bigger for me:)
Since we're playing the blame game i blame Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 Hao Hao Dr.B Dr.B for my troubles...@cohazard too !
Build a Reactor? Build???? Who the heck does that?!?! Only tha Krazies in Delaware do that kinda stuff. $ 38.37 shipped to your door :)

View attachment 1240996 View attachment 1240997
Hahaha got jokes today lol purigen reactor 3.0 is kicking@ss but may want to add another. Text me that link

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store