River Monsters Season 9: Last Season

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey
Season 8 seemed very short and didn't seem as cohesive as the one where he just went down the Amazon. Felt like if you blinked you missed it.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
The problem with the show was the focus on fish that are possibly dangerous to humans. There are tons of huge freshwater fish.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
When they had what seemed like an entire season of clip shows I washed my hands with it.

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey
The problem with the show was the focus on fish that are possibly dangerous to humans. There are tons of huge freshwater fish.
I agree but I think the focus was on the monsters part of river monsters. But truthfully I think I enjoyed the locals and location as much if not more than the fish

Reactions: tlindsey

RangerBlue381

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2013
New Jersey
When they had what seemed like an entire season of clip shows I washed my hands with it.
Season 8 seemed very off base but the teasers for season 9 seems like they could go out on a highnote. Though truthfully visit to unstoppablejayd's tank or others could be a fitting finale

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
I've seen a few other shows that are a little better to watch. No offense to Jeremy Wade but he is a terrible Fisherman and slightly overdramatic. Still awesome to see the fish though.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've seen a few other shows that are a little better to watch. No offense to Jeremy Wade but he is a terrible Fisherman and slightly overdramatic. Still awesome to see the fish though.
Which shows were they?.....just curious.I enjoyed Zeb Hogan's Monster Fish series but I think it's discontinued.

Reactions: Oddballs

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
Zeb Hogan's was good I did enjoy that he didn't attempt to portray himself as an amazing fisherman. He was more science based which i find better because we learn about the fish more then just omg it could kill a person. The other show that I find interesting and slightly better is chasing monsters I believe is the name. It's main character is a French Canadian guy that I find way better to watch. He attempt to immerse himself in the culture much like Zeb Hogan. I don't mean to talk bad about Jeremy Wade but ive heard from numerous guides certain things that ruin the show for me at least.

Reactions: monkeybike
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store