River Monsters Season 9: Last Season

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never heard of Chasing Monsters but I will certainly look into it and I have no problems with your criticism of Jeremy Wade.

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
The problem with the show was the focus on fish that are possibly dangerous to humans. There are tons of huge freshwater fish.
I agree, but every body of water had some sort of back story or local legend that he was trying to solve. big peaceful fish don't normally carry a legend that they killed or wounded a person.

Reactions: tlindsey

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
I agree, but every body of water had some sort of back story or local legend that he was trying to solve. big peaceful fish don't normally carry a legend that they killed or wounded a person.
I would disagree with that. Sturgeon big peaceful fish yet legends of attacks. Gar is another peaceful fish that has legends of attacks. The show attempts to show that a hyper aggressive killer when in reality any fish can kill someone. In all of the episodes I have yet to see a freshwater fish that will stalk humans intentionally.

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
I would disagree with that. Sturgeon big peaceful fish yet legends of attacks. Gar is another peaceful fish that has legends of attacks. The show attempts to show that a hyper aggressive killer when in reality any fish can kill someone. In all of the episodes I have yet to see a freshwater fish that will stalk humans intentionally.
we're not on the menu for most fish. sometimes i wonder where the legends come from. im originally from the Pacific northwest and we have big sturgeon, but i haven't heard of anyone being attacked, or injured by sturgeon. Lamprey on the other hand, are the things nightmares are made of.

Reactions: tlindsey

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
For his swan song, Jeremy should hook and try to land a hippo

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
we're not on the menu for most fish. sometimes i wonder where the legends come from. im originally from the Pacific northwest and we have big sturgeon, but i haven't heard of anyone being attacked, or injured by sturgeon. Lamprey on the other hand, are the things nightmares are made of.
Exactly but sometimes he attempts to create drama and scare tactics about certain fish. I've been up on the Colombia river in Portland and caught some big sturgeon. I never felt scared of them they are massive gentle Giants with big rubber mouths.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Which shows were they?.....just curious.I enjoyed Zeb Hogan's Monster Fish series but I think it's discontinued.
Zeb Hogan's was good I did enjoy that he didn't attempt to portray himself as an amazing fisherman. He was more science based which i find better because we learn about the fish more then just omg it could kill a person. The other show that I find interesting and slightly better is chasing monsters I believe is the name. It's main character is a French Canadian guy that I find way better to watch. He attempt to immerse himself in the culture much like Zeb Hogan. I don't mean to talk bad about Jeremy Wade but ive heard from numerous guides certain things that ruin the show for me at least.
Yep, I've watched through the seasons of all three of these shows on Netflix. I do prefer Monster Fish and Chasing Monsters to River Monsters, simply because of the drama that is excessive in River Monsters. I can't tell you how many times Jeremy Wade has claimed to be in "the most dangerous situation of his life" but I'm pretty sure he has said it at least once an episode. I do still enjoy River Monsters but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

All three of these series were on Netflix at one time but I'm pretty sure River Monsters has been taken off. I know Monster Fish is still on there because I just watched some episodes over the weekend. I am not sure if Chasing Monsters is still on or not.

If any of you have Hulu, another show I enjoyed was Fish Tank Kings. I found it better than Tanked.

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
Monster fish is on Netflix but I don't think it's all the seasons. Same thing on chasing monsters, just watched an episode last night, but I don't think they have all the seasons ether. Chasing monster guy is a beast some of the stuff he does is actually impress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store