HELP! pimple like bump on his left belly?

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi. My flowerhorn had a pimple like structure on his left belly portion. No changes in his aggressiveness/appetite. He is not bloated and no stringy white poop. I do 24-30% waterchange biweekly. Recently after noticing the small pimple like bump, O increased the water temp to 29-30 celcius and also add 2tbsp aquarium salt last water change. The "pimple" decreased in size after but I still continue with the same temp. However after 2-3 days the pimple like is again increasing in size. No any other symptoms like I mentioned before.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Attached here is my fh's picture with the pimple-like bump.

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_01_58Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_02_37Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_03_12Z.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-04-21T12_03_49Z.jpg

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Couple possibly be a parasite of some sort. Anything new you've put in the tank that could have introduced him to something? Could also be something as he bumped himself. You could try posting in the disease section and you might get more responses. Good luck!

Reactions: raprap

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Couple possibly be a parasite of some sort. Anything new you've put in the tank that could have introduced him to something? Could also be something as he bumped himself. You could try posting in the disease section and you might get more responses. Good luck!

Thank you very much!

raprap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi
Hi Brandon! Just an update regarding the pimple-like bump in my fh. It is already gone. And after several readings it could be probably a lymphocystis, a kind of viral infection. Although rarely fatal and most of the time supportive measurements are enough. Many thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store