I'm currently looking for ideas for my new 75G
I mostly want geophagus
I'm I'm open up other ideas
Peaceful

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
livebearers montezumae, tail longer than you can imagine, more attitude than a midas. velifera giant dorsal fin.
cyprinids red tail shark, bala shark can't go in a 48" tank (personal experience), but maybe if its a long 75. Tinfoil barb, cigar shark, rainbows
Crencichla (Dwarf pike cichlids)
Snakeskin, opaline or dwarf giant gourami
Synodontus, doradid, or one of the giant cory catfish.
If you don't want plants, silver dollars, hatchet fish
senegal bichir
African butterfly fish, elephant nose
There are an endless number of ways you can take a 75g geo tank.

Reactions: Ilovefishes24

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
Good morning everyone
Yesterday I went to the fish store and purchase
2 geophagus surinamensis
1 aequidens metae
1 green severum
I just couldn't come back empty handed

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Your geophagus are probably altifrons or something similar, true surinamensis are extremely rare but many other geos are sold under the name. Regardless, probably nice fish which you will be happy with.

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
Your geophagus are probably altifrons or something similar, true surinamensis are extremely rare but many other geos are sold under the name. Regardless, probably nice fish which you will be happy with.
I think it really is a surinamensis

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8652.JPG

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
It would be very difficult to tell at that size if they are surinamensis or one of the very similar looking species, the reason I say they are probably another species is that exports from suriname are so rare that these fish generally can only be acquired from private collectors. It is pretty much unheard of to find "ture" surinamensis in a LFS. Regardless, they are cute little guys and look healthy! nice pick up

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
It would be very difficult to tell at that size if they are surinamensis or one of the very similar looking species, the reason I say they are probably another species is that exports from suriname are so rare that these fish generally can only be acquired from private collectors. It is pretty much unheard of to find "ture" surinamensis in a LFS. Regardless, they are cute little guys and look healthy! nice pick up
Thanks a lot.
They should be good together right
I also got a green severum
I see you are located in Nj
I live in Teaneck
I purchase my fishes from absolute fish high is located in Clifton

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Thanks a lot.
They should be good together right
I also got a green severum
I see you are located in Nj
I live in Teaneck
I purchase my fishes from absolute fish high is located in Clifton
That's a great store, I actually used to work there for a couple years back in 2010-11 before I moved. I am originally from Hackensack. Absolutely fish is very reputable but I would still doubt they are "true" surinamensis. They get their cichlids from Dan at CoA.
The fish should be fine together, geophagus and severums tend to get along very well.

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
That's a great store, I actually used to work there for a couple years back in 2010-11 before I moved. I am originally from Hackensack. Absolutely fish is very reputable but I would still doubt they are "true" surinamensis. They get their cichlids from Dan at CoA.
The fish should be fine together, geophagus and severums tend to get along very well.
lol wow that's great. Their good. Expensive but great.
So if it isn't a true surinamensis. What is it
What is CoA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store