Sooo,what did you do today?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I woke up, saw a cow in our pasture that wasn't supposed to be there. It decided it didn't want to go over so I chased it with our gator for a few minutes before it jumped back through the fence. So I had to attach another strand of barbed wire to the posts it had gone through.

Picture of the perpetrator-IMG_0463.jpg

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Beef gone bad!

I'm going to probably be doing some farmwork in my summer vacation in December, may put some money in my pocket, knowledge in my head and some beef on these skinny asparagus bones :rolleyes:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; A year or two ago the door bell rang. It was two county police officers. One of my neighbors had gotten into my yard, a large black angus cow. There are around twenty of them living next door. I guess she wanted some of my grass.

No real problem as I just mow the stuff down anyway but one of the two main highways in the county is at my front yard. The police were concerned she would get on the road. We got her into the back yard and I called the owner.

He shows up with a simple plan for the four of us to heard her back into his fenced in lot. I ask if we need someone on the road to keep her off the highway. He says no she will not go there. You know what happens next of course, she runs out onto the road. Lucky not much traffic and no one hit her. I have seen the damage that a deer and a horse can do to a car and this cow was bigger than them. We eventually got her back into the lot.

I think she may have been the one I called "beef stew" . I name them things like sirloin, burger, short ribs, T-bone and such. She may already be beef stew and in the cans of the stuff in my cupboard. To tell the truth they all pretty much look alike and I cannot tell one from the other, except for the big bull. Does that make me a "cow racists"?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
We have a free range cattle farm in the area and also have a fairly large feral cow population with no predators...We occasionlly see feral cows on our property, well you dont see them for long...The ranch actually encourages hunting them, since they breed with their herd and create other problems.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Cut a good portion of the grass out back....The lawnmower is not working so I had to use the weedwacker.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
went to work, was administration appreciation day, yes I am grounds manager but only a small part of what else I do, so had lunch at the 12 moons with the CO and CEO, Mongolian beef, was pretty good.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is a restaurant here that serves Mongolian egg rolls.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store