What type of snake ?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Those things are nothing.

2 years back on my gr 8 camp there was a cape cobra on the fence near our housing and it stared me down. At least 3.5-4ft up against the fence. We made sure everything was closed double tight thay night! Almost crapped my pants! All the nope ropes here in Africa

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Right....thankfully we don't have any cobras,boomslangs and gaboon vipers to worry about here.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Or mambas

On the farms I have to keep an eye out for puff adders especially

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Geez how did that happen ? What was the recovery like ?
It was years ago when I was a kid and we were camping up in the Pocono Mountains....damned thing jumped out at me as I was picking up a rock.
The copperhead's venom is not among the most potent of the vipers but I was sent to the hospital where I spent a few weeks and even had a visit from a reptile guy from the Philadelphia Zoo.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
It was years ago when I was a kid and we were camping up in the Pocono Mountains....damned thing jumped out at me as I was picking up a rock.
The copperhead's venom is not among the most potent of the vipers but I was sent to the hospital where I spent a few weeks and even had a visit from a reptile guy from the Philadelphia Zoo.
I used to keep boa's and pythons when i was a kid, got bit in the face and hands a few times but for some reason as i got older i developed a fear of them.

Wow a few weeks ? Why so long is that the normal time frame ?did it leave permanent damage ?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I used to keep boa's and pythons when i was a kid, got bit in the face and hands a few times but for some reason as i got older i developed a fear of them.

Wow a few weeks ? Why so long is that the normal time frame ?did it leave permanent damage ?
I have never kept any exotic snakes,only the little ones that we used to find in backyards.I find snakes to be pretty boring as pets but if I were to get an exotic it would be an Emerald tree python or boa.I get the both of them mixed up but I love the way that they coil themselve on a tree branch.
The bite did a bit of damage to my hand and required surgery....big snake,small hand lol.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I have never kept any exotic snakes,only the little ones that we used to find in backyards.I find snakes to be pretty boring as pets but if I were to get an exotic it would be an Emerald tree python or boa.I get the both of them mixed up but I love the way that they coil themselve on a tree branch.
The bite did a bit of damage to my hand and required surgery....big snake,small hand lol.
Yeah i was just into all sorts of stuff snakes, lizards, fish, birds blah blah.

Son wants a snake and its absolutely not happening

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah i was just into all sorts of stuff snakes, lizards, fish, birds blah blah.

Son wants a snake and its absolutely not happening
Interesting how you've developed a fear of snakes as you got older.I was into different pets when I was younger too and I like certain types of lizards but the wife is terrified of all of them so I'm in no real rush to have any right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store