What type of snake ?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Interesting how you've developed a fear of snakes as you got older.I was into different pets when I was younger too and I like certain types of lizards but the wife is terrified of all of them so I'm in no real rush to have any right now.
Yeah it is odd, not indiana jones level but i definitly have a fear of them that i didnt when younger

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yeah i was just into all sorts of stuff snakes, lizards, fish, birds blah blah.

Son wants a snake and its absolutely not happening
I have a snake and my mum hates it! She said no to number 2 so my revenge is having a room full of tanks :D

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Northern water snake. Fiesty but not venomous. Also not endangered...just saying

Reactions: jaws7777

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Or mambas

On the farms I have to keep an eye out for puff adders especially
I had the pleasure of working in Angola. I believe I had my fill of Africa on that trip. I think the people are more dangerous than the animals. Never realized how aggressive a non captive African bullfrog was either. I tapped it with my boot and it bit a hole in my pants then chased anyone within 5ft of it.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
as kids we use to catch anything and every thing in the Escondido hills where we lived, snakes, skunks, possums. tarantula (actually are wolf spiders) but they are pretty big.

caught a few rattlers, diamond backs, they where little so we did not know that they where baby rattlers, no buttons yet, one got loose in the house and bit my mom. was a shallow bite and did not get venom in her. Gopher snakes we would let go under the house to keep the rattlers away, never the less we killed 2 on the side of the house, one about 3ft, and a larger one around 5ft.

Aaroncboo1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2012
Lockport IL
Had 6 of them for a while. Real cool snakes that don't get too large. All mine ate were fish. Had a 120 half land half water about a foot deep and they would go fishing. Really fun to watch.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
IMG_2757.JPG
Just removed two of these from my lanai. Black racers I believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store