Your Awesome Craigslist Pick-Ups

A

AquaAlex1993

You know, I've always wondered if other fish keepers have scored awesome steals and deals from Craigslist. So what is something awesome that you have gotten from CL?
For me, my luck has not drawn me into anything special. I don't ever see anything unusual or odd. It's mostly tetras, mollies, guppies, and goldfish (no offense to people who love these fish) but they are feeders and useless to me. I like oddball type fish and even cichlids. I have never once seen a fancy pleco, or anything cool. Most of the time it's oscars, pacu, occassional RTC but nothing that I am ever interested in.
The best things I can say I got from CL is a good condition 55 gallon, and 75 gallon, that's it!
Most of my CL experience in this hobby has been me selling any fish or equipment that need to be rehomed and luckily it has gone to people who love fish and takes care of them.
It's been about 7-8 years since I've actually gotten fish from CL. It was a free trio of angelfish... I'm just waiting for one day to see fancy rarer fish for sale, people say there are good deals on CL, but in my area atleast I can't say the same. It sucks sometimes living in Western MA, most of our fish stores have gone down hill, there are only a few good ones left. Most of the time, I have to break an arm and a leg and go online, so I guess Aquascape and Jeff Rapps and maybe another vendor will be seeing me a lot.
The one GREAT thing Craigslist gave me is not fish related. But, it is Brandi my Beagle! I love Brandi, such a cute girl and my canine daughter. I'll post a pic below if that is ok with you guys and gals.
Anyway, back on topic, has CL been good to you? What have you scored?

brandi.jpg

15977974_1572281166119602_776173289195842303_n.jpg

16997981_1624887140859004_2071576770844902574_n.jpg

A

AquaAlex1993

I got my 220 gallon on Craig's list for 100 bucks!
Best deal I ever got on anything.
That is a killer deal!!! Hopefully I can score a 6' aquarium for a good deal if the 150 gallon deal I have now falls through.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I bought my 135 stand canopy and sump with pump for 200$ Not bad

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I just found a 220, stand, and canopy with fx5, python, and few other things on craigslist for 600 but it's been up for a while so he might go lower. In my area that's pretty cheap

A

AquaAlex1993

I bought my 135 stand canopy and sump with pump for 200$ Not bad
Oh nice, that is a great deal!!! Wish I could score like that. lol

I just found a 220, stand, and canopy with fx5, python, and few other things on craigslist for 600 but it's been up for a while so he might go lower. In my area that's pretty cheap
Nice, I wish you luck, maybe you can get him to come down on price.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
I recently found an add for someone looking for a 6' aquarium. I ended up selling him an empty 180 i had. Well when he came to pick it up, he brought tons of driftwood and other random freshwater stuff. After talking with him about aquariums and MFK He ended up giving me this tank:
image.jpeg
drove all the way back to my house a week later to deliver it and all. Hes an awesome dude. Builds his own tanks n stuff

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I got a 90g, 2x ehiem 350gph pumps, a 270gph ph, a skimmer, a bioball trickle filter, and some other goodies for $10.
But I have so far scored from the side of the road, 2x 55g tanks, an airpump and a collection of smaller HOBs. for FREE
I also gave away my RES on CL.

A

AquaAlex1993

I recently found an add for someone looking for a 6' aquarium. I ended up selling him an empty 180 i had. Well when he came to pick it up, he brought tons of driftwood and other random freshwater stuff. After talking with him about aquariums and MFK He ended up giving me this tank:
View attachment 1263668
drove all the way back to my house a week later to deliver it and all. Hes an awesome dude. Builds his own tanks n stuff
That is awesome man!!!! Congrats!

I got a 90g, 2x ehiem 350gph pumps, a 270gph ph, a skimmer, a bioball trickle filter, and some other goodies for $10.
But I have so far scored from the side of the road, 2x 55g tanks, an airpump and a collection of smaller HOBs. for FREE
I also gave away my RES on CL.
Those are some cool pick-ups for sure. Man I need to find something for me on CL, it's always a big disappointment when I got on the site. And if there ever is anything I want, the person charges an arm and a leg...... ughhhhhh

Reactions: mattison187

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
That is awesome man!!!! Congrats!

Those are some cool pick-ups for sure. Man I need to find something for me on CL, it's always a big disappointment when I got on the site. And if there ever is anything I want, the person charges an arm and a leg...... ughhhhhh
My father is endlessly prowling CL, he tipped me off. Guy just wanted to see the stuff gone. it was covered in dead leaves and garbage and half the things were missing pieces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store