Hikari Monstervore is Coming

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
I work in the pet supply industry and ran into an acquaintance of mine the other day from Hikari while in the Sacramento area the other day. He gave me some samples and told me that Hikari is about to send their new Monstervore out and it should be on shelves very soon. I'm not sure if many here know about it or have speculated in the past but the samples he gave me have me looking forward to them. All I know is that they will very likely be sold in 2.2lb bags only and I wasn't able to get an approx cost. It sounded like it'll be the same Massivore formula only noticeably larger pellets.

Anyways, to anyone with true monster monster fish keep an eye out.

mon.jpg

mons.jpg

20170717_145912.jpg

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
To the delight of monster fish on every corner of the globe! Those are Ginormous

Reactions: tlindsey

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Is this for those who keep alligators in swimming pools, or ???

Seriously, these are pretty much only going to be well suited for the largest of fish, 30"+. Not that smaller fish can't or won't eat them, but most will chew them up making a mess that will negatively impact water quality, and at the same time will be a waste of nutrients that ultimately will end up in ones filters.

As an example, sturgeon pellets designed for 24"+ fish, are typically 8-10 mm in size. Those new pellets/wafers appear to be approx. 20 mm? Maybe larger?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
RD. RD. how do you determine the size of pellet for the fish? I remember trying the largest NLS pellet for my 10in rhom and all that would happen is a mess would follow. Any smaller though and he would just ignore. Trying to decide on pellets for my 9in aimara and I am afraid of the same issue that he will ignore small pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store