It's finally happened :P

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just my Tesselata and a grow out 7 months old Clown Trigger. I'm thinking to make my last tank for coral reef but I'm not decide yet.
Wheres the pics of the Tesselata... you know i love morays...

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but do you need to do as big of water changes for a FOWLR as freshwater?
You meant for saltwater?
Saltwater is all about equipment and once the tank mature you don't need to do larger water change to bring Nitrate down, also saltwater utilizing the RO water system so the replacement water Nitrate is 0ppm for the most part. Another option is utilize the carbon dosing in saltwater to bring the Nitrate down and can be eliminate nitrate completely out of your tank, running Nitrate reactor system will bring down Nitrate too. Like I said earlier once the saltwater tank mature it's easy to maintain, it's hard for the first year the tank was first setup.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Does it just sit there? Lol
Yes, it won't move until feeding time.
Its just chill out and let the shrimp do their jobs for most of the time, the tank look pretty much empty for the most part but nothing I can do if its keep looking its tank mate as a food snack...Imagine a mature yellow tank with that high body and it still able to swallow that yellow tank, I was shocked when I received phone call from my dad that he's saw my Tess hunt and taking down the yellow tang, the emperor angel got same faith too...

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Very cool.

Out of curiosity did you ever just use RO for your freshwater tanks too, or is your system not big enough?

Is RO safe for freshwater? I imagine the lost trace minerals can easily be supplemented with food.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very cool.

Out of curiosity did you ever just use RO for your freshwater tanks too, or is your system not big enough?

Is RO safe for freshwater? I imagine the lost trace minerals can easily be supplemented with food.
It is but wouldn't do more than 50% with it, has no buffering capacity

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Very cool.

*Freshwater does get benefit from RO system, the common RO unit just not big enough for big tank (there is a RO unit that fit for household usage but will cost couple thousand dollars).
*If you have small tank than you can use RO but then you will need to add trade elements every other week to your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store