WTF is wrong with People?

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
does that mean I have to go live in central America with my non domesticated fish?
Domesticated tilapia are illegal in Mass.....

A

AquaAlex1993

does that mean I have to go live in central America with my non domesticated fish?
No,your fish can't harm you, silly. LMAO.
I am just talking about dangerous animals.

I have nothing against what you are saying. The platform you are on just makes the statement a little bit risque. Fearmongering lead to lots of issues with pitt bull owners. The conversation this kind of stuff stirs can be used against us, or that is what some on the forum have me believe.

If you present your argument in a way that it can't reflect poorly (which it really doesn't, I'm just saying for conversations sake) on our community, it might look a bit better.

I won't keep animals I wouldn't want to be in a deserted island situation with. A tiger would definitely eat me before I ate it, lots of big dogs too. I could easily fend off the attacks off my maltese but he wouldn't be very filling. Fish can't breath air so naturally I would eat them first too.
I understand your points. It is a very controversial topic because we ourselves keep pets.

Domesticated tilapia are illegal in Mass.....
Tilapia are butt ugly! But my fish love eating em!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Any creature that can cause grievous bodily harm should be regulated IME. Animals like dogs are domesticated and heavily influenced by the owner usually, a tiger for example isn't domesticated nearly the same amount and can kill someone if it wanted to. Proper housing should be enforced for such creatures

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It is ridiculous keeping a tiger as a pet for a whole host of reasons. But in another 50 years or so the only tigers on the face of the planet will be in zoos......or someones house!!!!

A

AquaAlex1993

Any creature that can cause grievous bodily harm should be regulated IME. Animals like dogs are domesticated and heavily influenced by the owner usually, a tiger for example isn't domesticated nearly the same amount and can kill someone if it wanted to. Proper housing should be enforced for such creatures
I agree 100 percent with you my friend.

It is ridiculous keeping a tiger as a pet for a whole host of reasons. But in another 50 years or so the only tigers on the face of the planet will be in zoos......or someones house!!!!
I hate to say it, but the way the government has been so lazy about these exotic animals, I would not be surprised to see someone keeping an elephant or some other crazy exotic animal.

A

AquaAlex1993

UPDATE:
Rumor around the neighborhood, is that the MA wildlife came by and tricked the tiger into going into a big cage using food and they took him away. The owner was said to be defensive and tried to fight so much so they requested a police officer to keep him back. I wonder if he will get the big fine or if he will get a slap on the wrist. I hope the tiger goes to a good zoo or something, I hope it won't have to get euthanized poor thing belongs in the wild.
My question is, how does someone even import or get a Tiger for example in USA?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I bet the tiger was smuggled in from somewhere in Ohio.Things have gotten more difficult due to crackdowns but the state has quite a trade in large exotic animalsl.

A

AquaAlex1993

I bet the tiger was smuggled in from somewhere in Ohio.Things have gotten more difficult due to crackdowns but the state has quite a trade in large exotic animalsl.
Most likely.
If I were to smuggle anything in it'd be an Asian Arowana. I have no clue why they are illegal it baffles me lol.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store