Upcoming Movies and TV shows

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Well that sucks,it's almost like stealing the name in order to ensure a totally different movie does well.
Allot of books that end up being movies dont live up to the hype but this was one of the worst cross overs ever.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Allot of books that end up being movies dont live up to the hype but this was one of the worst cross overs ever.
Yeah I know.The most recent examples that I can recall are Shooter and Jack Reacher.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Hollywood sucks... thr dark tower was absolutely horrible
saw the previews and said not a chance, not wasting my time with it, I have read the gun slinger books quite a few times. and previews had nothing to do with the books, saw was crap from the start. I was one that was around as they came out, could not wait for the next book, the last book, was great till the end, will never be satisfied with the ending. but then Kaw is a wheel.

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”
Stephen King, The Gunslinger

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
saw the previews and said not a chance, not wasting my time with it, I have read the gun slinger books quite a few times. and previews had nothing to do with the books, saw was crap from the start. I was one that was around as they came out, could not wait for the next book, the last book, was great till the end, will never be satisfied with the ending. but then Kaw is a wheel.

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”
Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Hahaha that is the best oprning line to any book i have ever read. Ive read allloooooot of books and never forgot that one.

Pops it was a complete butcher job. The whole thing. Where they came up with the idea of how walter was going to destroy the tower is astonishing.

In the movie Jake never dies twice, no way station, the end of the movie never happens in the books, man i could go on and on.

Its been along time since i read the books but do you remember anything about these slaves walter had ? There skin was sowed on ? Dont remember that in the books

Funny a buddy of mine said the same thing about the ending but i kind of felt it was perfect. I couldnt think of a better way to end it. Think about it like this its the tower is his obsession ans his curse

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
the only thing I can think for what this Walter thing is, are the slow mutants, and they had nothing to do with Walter, they where just a product of a toxic event thats never really explained. first encountered in the rail way tunnel, where he lets jack fall.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
or they may have been the vampires in I think book 5, again they really had nothing to do with the man in black. they kept the door to the other world where the breakers where being kept.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
if you have ever read the talisman there is a bit of a reference there between the 2 stories.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
if you have ever read the talisman there is a bit of a reference there between the 2 stories.
I dont remember if i read the talisman. Did it take place after tje events of the dark tower books ?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Just found out that a possible Xena reboot from NBC has been cancelled. No loss, they were going to make her g@y. They teased it in the original show but were planning on going full blown in this one.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Just found out that a possible Xena reboot from NBC has been cancelled. No loss, they were going to make her g@y. They teased it in the original show but were planning on going full blown in this one.
Are you kidding me???? Smh, that's why I'm happily stuck in 70s!!! Lenny and Sqiqqy have been getting off some great ones lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store