Flowerhorn

Can someone please tell me which flowerhorn is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hansie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys I'm in problem and need your help...
I noticed 2 dots above the mouth of my baby flowerhorn and they have become red in colour. I don't think they were present when i had brought the fish. Also the dorsal fin mysteriously got a hole on it at the end which was not present previously. Its not that some other fish bit him cause the flowerhorn is alone in the tank. Lastly the flowerhorn is behaving strangely and spitting food out of his mouth. It cannot eat properly. Please tell me what could have happened to him and what should i do to cure him.

Naranbaatar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
MONGOLIA ULAANBAATAR
Hey guys I'm in problem and need your help...
I noticed 2 dots above the mouth of my baby flowerhorn and they have become red in colour. I don't think they were present when i had brought the fish. Also the dorsal fin mysteriously got a hole on it at the end which was not present previously. Its not that some other fish bit him cause the flowerhorn is alone in the tank. Lastly the flowerhorn is behaving strangely and spitting food out of his mouth. It cannot eat properly. Please tell me what could have happened to him and what should i do to cure him.
add lake salt not ionized 6 table spoon per 5 gallon increase temprature 87F

Reactions: the animal guy

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
The pearls are nice though. but not showing any sign of a kok growth yet. i bought mine for about 10$ 1inch. and now at about 2inch already has a kok, and i asked some flowerhorn breeders to put a value in it, and they put it at 150$. have pearls, bright colours and kok, considered quality to me. The growth of its kok makes a major difference in quality and price.

#.$

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Got any photos? Also describe the behavior of the fish other then the fins. Is it doing a barking motion, rubbing on decor, what color is the fecal matter. Can u better describe the "dot" and size. Are they pimple like or swollen?

Hansie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
The dots are minute pimples and contain red color within them. The fishes behaviour is normal but it unlike before it is spitting food...

Hansie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2017
I was thinking about keeping some tank mates with my flowerhorn so it will help him grow... Is it a good idea? And which fishes are suitable to stay with him???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store