Co2 blow out

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
Well I learned today that always be around when a new regulator is going to kick on for the first week. Came home to 2k worth of discus and plecos floating. Looks like the regulator gave out and released all the co2 such a gut shot. Guess it's time to restart all over again. Lesson definitely learned on that one. Careful with co2 double edged sword.

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
There are some nice plant species that can be grown without co2, so much easier....
I would definitely agree plenty of plants thrive with out co2. My tanks plants were decent without co2 but grew like wildfire when I had co2 going. Now I have plenty of time to think of what to do next.

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
I would be calling the manufacturer not that it would probably get you anywhere but would let them know, maybe it is an ongoing issue?
What regulator brand and model is it?
My gf is in the process of contacting the manufacturer but honestly I would say it was probably user error. Should have been home before the co2 kicked on to watch what would happen the first couple days. The regulator was Milwaukee but I forget the model. I can check when I get back from work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store