What is your biggest pet peeve about your LFS?

A

AquaAlex1993

She muttered something under her breath but I got what I wanted.....and damn,poor attitude from that guy.
Yea, it's like damn dude, is that really hard?
That was the only time I swore in front of a child, well not really swear I just said quit being a pansy lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yea, it's like damn dude, is that really hard?
That was the only time I swore in front of a child, well not really swear I just said quit being a pansy lol.
Good,sounds like he needed to be checked.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

I wouldn't have after offering that mild retort.He had no right being rude to a customer.
True. I see him every now and them there, but thank god he never seems eager to serve me lol, probably pissed I call him a pansy LMAO.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Lack of variety and quality is my biggest complaint about the fish stores near me. My absolute favorite fish shop is 2hrs away. So many amazing fish. Ones I've only read about and seen on here. Seeing them in person is so awesome. I just went back today. I got a couple koi and some guppies.
I'm waiting to see if the owner can find a certain koi for me. Him and his wife are very nice and helpful. I hope they never shut down.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a number of peevances as well...
1)The really good ones have closed down.
2)The remaining shops are not very close to me....if I gotta go to a lame shop then it might as well be nearby.
3)employees that don't know one fish from another.

+1

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
1) expensive hardware

Eg: a 3ft made in china led light costs about $100-150 in LFS, i get the same from China website for $50 all in
a 4 outlet air pump costs $60 in LFS, i get mine for less than $20 include shipping

If you all can buy from china.... you all gonna have a wheel of a time

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
If you have complaints about your LFS tell them. If they don't work with you, go elsewhere. We have a few LFS near us... we don't frequent all of them.

Reactions: Drstrangelove

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
My main pet peeve is how certain stores net fish out... they can be quite hard on them, and i've seen them drop more than one expensive fish on the floor before...

Kills me everytime i see that happen...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store