Flower horn sex?

#.$

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Do you feed sumo red as the main staple?
Yes I do. FH although tough fish can have a pretty sensitive digestive tract. I tried to stay away from all life Foods unless Frozen first, and this is a once in awhile thing more like a treat

JGotti

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2016
I
Yes I do. FH although tough fish can have a pretty sensitive digestive tract. I tried to stay away from all life Foods unless Frozen first, and this is a once in awhile thing more like a treat
I also do frozen as a treat.. I like the brine shrimp with spirulina

Reactions: #.$

#.$

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2017
Texas
I

I also do frozen as a treat.. I like the brine shrimp with spirulina
Spirulina is good four color and the digestive tract. You can also feed superworms/mealworms or crickets once a week or so

LovinPhish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Only time will tell on your flowerhorn if it's a male or female. I had a male that had a black blotch on the top fin but it was a cross between a ZZ and texas cichlid (petsmart rt or pk).
As for feeding: pellets as a staple
( NLS, Hikari, grandsumo, okiko, ocean free) will be best and feed frozen foods as treats (Frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp with spurinla, mysis shrimp).

1000ninja

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 4, 2017
Getting anxious to find out for sure what it is. Don't know if I'm ready to give a female its own 75 tho. From my research and limited knowledge I'm thinking female

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

1000ninja

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 4, 2017
Was feeding him or her a lot of frozen food and now I'm trying to get the fish back on pellets. It's been two full days since the fish last ate and it still doesn't seem interested in any of the pellets I've offered it. I'm curious how long this will go on especially with a fish this small. Also tried garlic guard and it didn't help.

IMG_7022.JPG

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
can you show it the mirror and make a video? I like your fish. Short face thick head. Exactly how big is it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store