New tank

Clinton Haines

Feeder Fish
Dec 9, 2017
I just purchased a 60 gallon aquarium I was in the hobby for years my parents bred Oscar's I have been aroun the hobby my whole life I had a disaster happen about 10 years ago I had 2 70 gallon tanks and a 125 the 125 was salt water 1 of the 70s was angel fish and the other was African cichlids I had a filter leaking and do not realize it until my 70 fell through the floor I got rid of everything after that and am now getting back into the hobby I am looking for somethin to put in the tank that is on the larger side I really live the arowana but know it will outgrow the tank before I am ready to upgrade to the 300 that is my dream tank I also like the flowerhons but feel they outrow the tank as well does anyone have any suggestions thank you ahead of time for your input

Reactions: bbortko

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just purchased a 60 gallon aquarium I was in the hobby for years my parents bred Oscar's I have been aroun the hobby my whole life I had a disaster happen about 10 years ago I had 2 70 gallon tanks and a 125 the 125 was salt water 1 of the 70s was angel fish and the other was African cichlids I had a filter leaking and do not realize it until my 70 fell through the floor I got rid of everything after that and am now getting back into the hobby I am looking for somethin to put in the tank that is on the larger side I really live the arowana but know it will outgrow the tank before I am ready to upgrade to the 300 that is my dream tank I also like the flowerhons but feel they outrow the tank as well does anyone have any suggestions thank you ahead of time for your input

Welcome aboard :)

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
A flower horn or pair would be fine in a 60g. Arowana need a much larger enclosure. Get the 300g before buying fish and using the 60g as a grow out tank. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Clinton Haines

Clinton Haines

Feeder Fish
Dec 9, 2017
You think the flower horn would be ok in the 60g I have heard they are very aggressive even swords each other but if I could have a pair in there that would be great

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
You think the flower horn would be ok in the 60g I have heard they are very aggressive even swords each other but if I could have a pair in there that would be great
A pair would be pushing it IMO.. Just one flowerhorn is still acceptable considering they can grow up to 10"

Reactions: tlindsey

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
i would say one flowerhorn for a 60. most flowerhorns are very active and territorial. you could probably keep a cool bottom feeder with him though. maybe a fancy pleco that likes higher ph. a pair could get dicey in that tank. murderous even.

Reactions: Clinton Haines
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store