Plywood aquarium

Will.i.am88

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Manchester
Am building a plywood aquarium. And at the stage of waterproofing the plywood so need advice on what to use to make water tight and waterproof? ???

A1 pond paint ?
Pond shield ?
Pond armor ?
Or any non harmful or non toxic resins which won't be harmful to my fish ???

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
I’m not an expert. But countless people have used it and it’s 100% fish safe. There’s several YouTube tutorials online as well as some videos that pond armor made specifically for plywood aquariums.

Reactions: Will.i.am88

Will.i.am88

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Manchester
I’m not an expert. But countless people have used it and it’s 100% fish safe. There’s several YouTube tutorials online as well as some videos that pond armor made specifically for plywood aquariums.
Nice 1 mate thanks for your advice will you foward a link for the videos if ok with you...

wannadivesteve

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2015
Oregon
Take a look at Max ACR. There are a good number of builds on this forum that have used it, I don’t recall any complaints. It’s also at a lower price point than a lot of options as well. I haven’t used it, but all of my reading so far leads me to think that’s the one I’ll be using when I do my tank.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
The general consensus seems to be pond armor, not only on this forum but on most tuitorials you'll see on line. Yes, others might do the job, and yes others might be a bit cheaper. But when it comes to preventing potential disasterous leaks on your build then you go for the rolls royce of the product and pond armor does seem to be that product.

I've looked at joeys you tube footage and it looks very easy to use. I know it's what i'll be using when i get round to building my plywood tank.

Reactions: Will.i.am88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store