Scary fish that bite?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Hey all, after a recent purchase of a 5" red wolf I started considering fish I've had that I was scared of lol...
The recent thread of the guy swimming with a massive gatf also got this thread going in my head!+)
I had a breeding Midas called rocky a few years back and if he had fry he used to attack and make me whip my hand out like he was a cobra striking lol...
I had some teacup stingrays that I stayed away from for obvious reasons.
I've had two pirahna manuelli and Caribe, both of which I never put my hand in, I believe both would bit as they regularly attacked at the glass.
I've kept decent sized giant snakehead and hemibagrus wyckii which were fine, I had no issues doing maintenance...
Anyway back to the wolf, he is very forward, currently living with 4 lemon fin barbs that he snaps at during feeding (although no damage) like an angry dog.
I'm thinking once he gets to 9"+ he might be a bit of a sod,. Exactly what I wanted from a wolf after a few living logs (mala)...
Amaira must be a nightmare!?

What fish were/are you scared of or have actually attacked you?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Is that an Aussie lung or electric eel?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Is that an Aussie lung or electric eel?
Looks like African lung to me, Aussie lungs are a completely different colour and shape then electric eels don't have those limbs since they're knifefish :)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I was looking at what seem more like pectoral fins than just tentacle

Reactions: tlindsey

SfirtenK

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Pittsburgh
I have a lungfish too and i am kinda scared that one day he will bite my hand. Like just yesterday i was holding food several inches above the water. Usually he comes when he sees me and i drop the food in the water and he catches it as it touches the water. But yesterday, he pushed himself way above the water to catch the food and almost got my fingers. Lesson learnt, i will use tongs next time...

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bit on thumb by a Red Belly Piranha but was my fault did stupid things when I was a teenager lol. Also bit by a female Convict protecting her fry didn't know the fry were in the aquarium at the time.

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
I’ve been bit by a few American Cichlids. All drew blood but not that bad more jumpy if anything lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store