Any Wrestling Fans

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
HBO has a documentary on Andre the Giant set to aire in April.I wonder if the stuffy Bryant Gumball will be voicing it or would that be too far beneath him.
Just watched this last night. It was great but sad. Bring backs some memories.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just watched this last night. It was great but sad. Bring backs some memories.
Yeah,sad indeed since at a certain point it became the WWE show with Vince McMahon attaboying and patting himself on the back every other scene.....and then Hogan had his turn with his Rocky 3 highlights.I thought the show was supposed to be about Andre The Giant.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I thought those pieces gave a lot of good context, wasn’t that bad. One thing that did stand out to me was clearly how alone the guy was and that even folks like Hogan and others weren’t really that close or involved in his personal life.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm all for a little context but good gosh we didn't have to go through McMahon once again detailing how he bought out his father and had a vision to monopolize the entire business.I had to turn it off shortly after they covered Andre and Hogan's big match so I'll catch the rest of it tomorrow.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I still remember seeing Andre live. He was about 30-40 feet away(still big).
I saw him in a tag match years ago and Jimmy Snuka dove from off of his shoulders.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I forgot his name but that Japanese wrestler on Smackdown is annoying.They have him acting like an idiot during his interviews.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store