Can't cure my blood parrot.

illbethejudge

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
Miami, FL
I rescued this parrot from my friend's tank. It was sold to him as a king kong parrot, it was really red when he bought him but it started turning orange awfully fast.
He gave it to me because it was starting to loose some scales and i suspected his water was the culprit but actually his water parameters were perfect.
He is by himself in a 40 gallon right now and i have tried salt, pimafix, melafix and general cure not all at the same time of course. he is still missing a lot of scales.
I am suspecting that they had dye the fish and now the dye is taking a toll on him. Please help. 20180502_220036.jpg 20180502_220038.jpg

Last edited:

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Many bacterial diseases in fish, tend to look like fungus or other things.
And curing them is dependent on whether you are able to discern whether the bacteria is gram positive, or gram negative. Each need a separate type antibiotic.
Many treatments suggest raising the temp, but this can also become problematic because many bacteria become especially virulent at higher temps.
A clearer pic (as suggested above might help, I tried to tighten yours up, but it didn't help.
fullsizeoutput_817.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

illbethejudge

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
Miami, FL
Many bacterial diseases in fish, tend to look like fungus or other things.
And curing them is dependent on whether you are able to discern whether the bacteria is gram positive, or gram negative. Each need a separate type antibiotic.
Many treatments suggest raising the temp, but this can also become problematic because many bacteria become especially virulent at higher temps.
A clearer pic (as suggested above might help, I tried to tighten yours up, but it didn't help.
View attachment 1313748
20180506_164927.jpg

hassan.rafiq

Feeder Fish
May 12, 2018
I rescued this parrot from my friend's tank. It was sold to him as a king kong parrot, it was really red when he bought him but it started turning orange awfully fast.
He gave it to me because it was starting to loose some scales and i suspected his water was the culprit but actually his water parameters were perfect.
He is by himself in a 40 gallon right now and i have tried salt, pimafix, melafix and general cure not all at the same time of course. he is still missing a lot of scales.
I am suspecting that they had dye the fish and now the dye is taking a toll on him. Please help. View attachment 1313136 View attachment 1313137
Bro don't be tensed..!! Just keep him separate and add some spoons of salt in the water and keep him as two days he will be alright and I have also two parrot fish and they have fighting all the time that's why their scales and fins missed then I kept them in pot for two days separately with salt on water just keep your parrot in salt water separately ..! And use some anti chlorine and blue methlyn for fungus and any other diseases

illbethejudge

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
Miami, FL
Bro don't be tensed..!! Just keep him separate and add some spoons of salt in the water and keep him as two days he will be alright and I have also two parrot fish and they have fighting all the time that's why their scales and fins missed then I kept them in pot for two days separately with salt on water just keep your parrot in salt water separately ..! And use some anti chlorine and blue methlyn for fungus and any other diseases
thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store