Stunting

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
It's just his way of keeping fish, by experience
Experience is worthless if you learn nothing from it, used to know some of the oldest and nastiest gangsters, they were experienced, but they learned nothing from it so they all died as gangsters do, only viper and a couple others (on their way out likely) remain from the old days.
Sadly he thinks that i don't need a tank that size to house those types of fish
Then his experience amounts to nothing,for he knows nothing more than a four year old, he hasn't even learned the basics of fish keeping and likely never will, further proof wisdom doesn't come from age.

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
I will say all fish will not reach the same size as other fish in their species I mean we don't see all 20+ inch kelberis same with humans we aren't all 6 feet tall , but keeping a fish in a tank that is too small can shorten its life greatly when stunted I would hate to see a red tail catfish die at 1 or 2 years of age because it was severely stunted. Has your dad ever watched river monsters , or seen youtube videos of people with monster tanks?
Well he could just say that they don't get that big and as for the monster tanks one way or another he will find a way to escape

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
I will say all fish will not reach the same size as other fish in their species I mean we don't see all 20+ inch kelberis same with humans we aren't all 6 feet tall , but keeping a fish in a tank that is too small can shorten its life greatly when stunted I would hate to see a red tail catfish die at 1 or 2 years of age because it was severely stunted. Has your dad ever watched river monsters , or seen youtube videos of people with monster tanks?
Well he could just say that they don't get that big and as for the monster tanks one way or another he will find a way to escape

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
So what should i do if he discourages me to get a huge tank? I live in a seperate house from him so he can't boss me around that much
erm... isn't your dad the one wanting the RTC? why would he discourage to get a huge tank...

and if you are living in your own house, you are the boss...

****fused now :confused:

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
I'll tell the truth i have some fish in a fiberglass tub right now..... To be specific 3 hampala barbs and 2 tinfoils. Dimensions are 100 cm in length, 60 cm in width, 40 cm in depth. Now don't bash me pls i know a place where i can donate these fish and the owner said that i can donate fish to him. In maybe a couple of months or a year i will donate them as they are already quite big right now, about 30 cm for the hampalas. Once i get rid of them i will get another fish for the tub that will fit for life. Pls don't get furious i beg you. The person that i will be donating them to has a giant pond and has already a couple hampalas in there. I'll say one more time please don't crucify me

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
i am not sure if anyone will bash you but i for sure won't....

so your issue now is you want a bigger home for your fish but your dad do not allow right?

as long as the filtration is good and you upkeep the WC, you try pester your dad every 6 months... lol

Alternatively, do a barter trade.. i.e scoring high marks for your tests in exchange for a bigger tank if you are studying

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
The thing is that the big tank will be made in like 2 years since this is a rent house which my mother is planning on buying it, so yeah unless these fish grow very slow in which hampala barbs don't grow slow enough i think, so yeah, maybe i'll donate once it gets too big or keep it until i get them a bigger home. 2 years, sounds a bit too long?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store