Silver Tier bigfishnut, Distinguished Contributor (Silver) and MFK's Bronze Medal

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Really means a lot to me guys and gals! I've learned much on this forum, and happy to share my experiences with others. I love fish, but people are my favorite part of this hobby. Thanks for putting all of the work into this Frank!
It's long over due. No need to thanks anyone

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Agree with everything said, thoroughly deserved, but shouldn't it be for a bronze notable contributer. Not wanting to be that guy but surely gold must be reserved for people with years and years of contributions.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Agree with everything said, thoroughly deserved, but shouldn't it be for a bronze notable contributer. Not wanting to be that guy but surely gold must be reserved for people with years and years of contributions.
Did you read the threads I linked ? Also the award system has been changed a bit.

To be honest I was going to reach for theore prestigious ACADEMIC award. Im not sure if there is any other 5sided plywood tanks out there. Figure that could qualify for contributing new data but decided to go with the gold contributor award.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I chose gold because it states gregarious. He definitely meets that criteria. Where as bronze Imo should be awarded to someone who's less gregarious lol. He sticks with a thread till the very end not just providing an answer or link and moving on

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
dan518 dan518 if I sounded argumentative please know that while I was typing my mother inlaw was chewing my ear off. Was very painful for me

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I hate to say it, but as its written, he doesn't quite qualify for the Gold tier award; though Contributor instead of Academic is certainly correct. Gold and Silver represent the same level of quality, the difference is consistency over time. Two years isn't really long enough to qualify for gold.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, this nomination pointed out to me an oversight on my part when we updated the awards system to have two categories of contributor awards. The silver and bronze tier were never edited from their original copy/past from the Academic awards. The bronze tier is for above average dedication to gregarious behavior, the silver tier is for exceptional quality of gregarious behavior, the gold tier is for the same quality as silver, but over many, many years. Most people who have gold have been active for around a decade.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I hate to say it, but as its written, he doesn't quite qualify for the Gold tier award; though Contributor instead of Academic is certainly correct. Gold and Silver represent the same level of quality, the difference is consistency over time. Two years isn't really long enough to qualify for gold.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, this nomination pointed out to me an oversight on my part when we updated the awards system to have two categories of contributor awards. The silver and bronze tier were never edited from their original copy/past from the Academic awards. The bronze tier is for above average dedication to gregarious behavior, the silver tier is for exceptional quality of gregarious behavior, the gold tier is for the same quality as silver, but over many, many years. Most people who have gold have been active for around a decade.
I understand, but in all honesty I do not believe this should be a bronze award simply because one member feels so.

Bigfishnuts contributions are clearly better than "above average dedication to gregarious behavior"

Not being argumentative just stating my case.

Can this be switched to a silver nomination with out me having to do the whole thread again.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I understand, but in all honesty I do not believe this should be a bronze award simply because one member feels so.

Bigfishnuts contributions are clearly better than "above average dedication to gregarious behavior"

Not being argumentative just stating my case.

Can this be switched to a silver nomination with out me having to do the whole thread again.
I absolutely agree that silver is appropriate for this instance. :)

Reactions: JK47 and jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I absolutely agree that silver is appropriate for this instance. :)
Thx man do I have to do the thread over or can you work some MOD magic lol

Don't mind if you need me to rewrite it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store