Officially a Bichir keeper now

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
thanks guys...i'll look into the mokes a little more and see what the fuss is about before deciding.

if i go with the wc del will it eventually outgrow my 75?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
So much choice.

WC polys sure have the potential, hoping Mr Sen from Nigeria won't outgrow the tank.
I think one member has a 16" wild del, it's a monster!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
It would be a really long time before a WC Del would outgrow a 75, if ever. Their growth slows way down after they hit 8-10 inches.

I would do WC Del if that's an option. Also like the Mokes but they can be shy, but can be super green with like a camo pattern on the body. Mine wasn't too bad shy-wise but I was able to choose him in the store and he wasn't hiding then.

Definitely get 2 not 1 ropes!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Here is what was my, but is now clm08k clm08k 's Moke. She also has another Moke. I think that the natural colored substrate I used intensified the coloration. Maybe the plants, too, not sure.

Psyched you found a Polli! :)

mokea.jpg mokeb.jpg

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
i've already got 2 ropes. so 1 more would make 3.

ugh man...hard decision between the wc del and the moke. if i do the del i'd have to get 2 ropes which would be 4 ropes total.

4 ropes, 5 bichirs, and a raph cat (of which i don't have yet) sounds pretty full. i also want a ctenopoma but the one i have is going to take a while to get big enough to go in there with the big boys.

so basically 2 sens, 1 polli, 1 del and either.... 1 moke and 3 ropes or 1 wc del and 4 ropes

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Moke hard to come across, expensive when you do, awesome colors, tend to be somewhat reclusive, not as much as butt or retro. I'd say moke, polli, 2 ropes. You have a del. You can always get another del pretty easy to come by. Over all I think you'll be happy with moke. Atm I think a 75 is too small for del long term. Udon from magpie magpie is huge I couldnt see her happy in a 75g.

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would get that moke and polli. Just to replace the ones i lost. Definitely not seen readily that moke.

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store