Officially a Bichir keeper now

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
Well I got home yesterday and he had gotten bigger. So I started a QT tank and put some epsom salt in. He hadn't improved this morning so when I get home from work I'll start the epsom baths

He still was cruising the tank like he normally did. Also still begging for food

Reactions: magpie and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Well I got home yesterday and he had gotten bigger. So I started a QT tank and put some epsom salt in. He hadn't improved this morning so when I get home from work I'll start the epsom baths

He still was cruising the tank like he normally did. Also still begging for food
My Teug got so bad it would regurgitate food and then eat more.... Pulling it out and starving it back down to normal was the only way it would not overeat. The normal mechanism to tell it to stop eating did not work. I think it would have ate itself to death.

Reactions: magpie

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
I've thought that too. he's definitely the most active eater at feeding time but he doesn't get this large at eating. It's not until the next day that he balloons up like this. Which makes me think he's got a blockage too. And we are on day 3 since he's eaten and he's still a swimming brick

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Interesting! It's so uniform like he ate a sausage or something. Hopefully pulling him and doing the epsom thing will help. I guess it's a good sign that he's acting normally, but that's a big ol' distended belly.

Keep us updated.

(Giggled at the CAAAAKE. ;) )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store