Officially a Bichir keeper now

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Someone was happy to see me this morning. I think he's figured out I'm the food bringer

What a great fish! Is your polli the most active in the tank?

Love the scape too. Tank is looking awesome. :)

twentyleagues twentyleagues : “all Hail!” *sounds trumpet fanfare*

Reactions: twentyleagues

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
haha no he's not...but close. I have two senegals that are always out and about and my large green rope is pretty active too. But he's definitely active. Then I have the two delhezi's that are much less active. And one smaller rope who's almost a hermit.

Reactions: clm08k

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
Opinions...

I'm considering getting one more bichir and one more rope to finish out the tank.

Right now I have 2 Dels, 2 senegals, 2 ropes, and a polli. I have a moke on hold for me at trinsfish but i'm debating on whether or not I want it now. Basically my sens and my polli are always out and about. Cruising, looking for food, up front and begging. My larger rope is also always on the move skimming the surface and cruising the tank. My smaller rope not so much.

My two dels on the other hand are hiding...all the time. My CB del I've had for a while was always out front or at least buried in the sand up front so I could at least see him. Now since I've got the 2 new bichirs (polli, WC del) he hides all the time. The new WC del also hides under rocks or wood. Neither are active.

So my question is should I get a moke? Or should I get another polli? I enjoy the polli a lot but diversity is nice as well. The moke looks pretty cool but if he's going to be under a rock with the dels then I'm not going to enjoy them as much.

I could also remove the cave like areas for more of an open tank to bring them out more but knowing them they'll find a way to hide.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I would get the polli and moke. Polli’s have always been active. Never seen one that wasn’t. The moke is a bit more reclusive but I’d still get it just due to availability.

Would remove the caves and try more driftwood and plants. Still give coverage and assurance without losing visibility.

Would reiterate what Rocksor Rocksor mentioned as well. No full garuntee with fish.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
I would get the polli and moke. Polli’s have always been active. Never seen one that wasn’t. The moke is a bit more reclusive but I’d still get it just due to availability.

Would remove the caves and try more driftwood and plants. Still give coverage and assurance without losing visibility.

Would reiterate what Rocksor Rocksor mentioned as well. No full garuntee with fish.
I think that many bichirs and ropes in a 75 would be overstocking don't you think?

Already got 2 Sens, 2 Dels, 2 Ropes, and 1 Polli. Adding another rope, polli, and moke would be a bit much? Or no?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store