Officially a Bichir keeper now

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I think that many bichirs and ropes in a 75 would be overstocking don't you think?

Already got 2 Sens, 2 Dels, 2 Ropes, and 1 Polli. Adding another rope, polli, and moke would be a bit much? Or no?
Forgot it was a 75g. It would be a bit cramped.

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
Does anyone else's senegal get lumpy after eating? I mean every time my guy eats he looks like he's scarfed down marshmallows and it doesn't get better for a couple of days. I'll have to get a pic but all my other polypterids will get a little belly after eating but this guy looks like Fat B******d from austin powers every time he eats

Reactions: twentyleagues

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Does anyone else's senegal get lumpy after eating? I mean every time my guy eats he looks like he's scarfed down marshmallows and it doesn't get better for a couple of days. I'll have to get a pic but all my other polypterids will get a little belly after eating but this guy looks like Fat B******d from austin powers every time he eats
Mine looks lumpy too. No clue why :(

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Mine looked lumpy when I first got him, so he gorged himself on whatever the lfs fed him a couple of hours earlier. It disappear win about a couple of days Most of the time he his in the bottom of the pile (under my SAL), so I can't see if he gets lumpy anymore.

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
mine gets extremely lumpy every time he eats. I meant to grab a picture but he looks like he honestly can pop at any moment. He's typically as big around as maybe a thin sharpie marker but after he eats he balloons up to about as large as a dry erase marker. I am starting to wonder if he has some form of blockage that causes him to retain his food. He's bigger this time than I've ever seen him

sevs and sajicas for me

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
i'll try to get a picture tonight. he's not the only cb bichir that is in there and not the only cb senegal. none of the others get this big and none of the others retain the size for days like he does.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Might just be a big fat fatty like DMD123 DMD123 's Teug that had an eating disorder.

Reactions: DMD123
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store