Crenicichla regani

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Keep in mind the Tapajos variant does not seem as mellow as your 'typical' regani. Cr. regani is one of the mildest pikes out there (adult pairs have been kept in 20 gallon long/75 liter tanks) though I wouldn't try that with the Tapajos.

Oddly, I haven't seen the classic regani in years now, probably due to Brazil's newer export laws.

Reactions: tlindsey

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Keep in mind the Tapajos variant does not seem as mellow as your 'typical' regani. Cr. regani is one of the mildest pikes out there (adult pairs have been kept in 20 gallon long/75 liter tanks) though I wouldn't try that with the Tapajos.

Oddly, I haven't seen the classic regani in years now, probably due to Brazil's newer export laws.
The ones im thinking about ordering is from tapajos. The market here in sweden is pretty limited with what shows up on the list here. The closest major retailer is glaser in germany.

Reactions: tlindsey

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
They don ´t get bigger
Hmm they looked small. Ive read they get about 15cm so i figured they get bigger then in the video:) i figured either the angels was huge or the pikes was really small

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store