Wartskin angler

Cichlid23

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
I was looking into getting a wartskin anlger for my 75 gallon tank, and I was wondering if they could live with Inverts like seastars, urchins, or small crabs such as emerald, or red tip hermit crabs.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I’d agree with the crabs being risky, I would avoid that route. If your also thinking about tankmates your pretty limited as well. Some people keep them with other anglers, leaf fish and even smaller lion fish but it’s a balancing act making sure they grow at the same rate and don’t try to eat each other. But in general they’re mainly kept alone. Please post a pic when you get him, I love anglers

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I’d agree with the crabs being risky, I would avoid that route. If your also thinking about tankmates your pretty limited as well. Some people keep them with other anglers, leaf fish and even smaller lion fish but it’s a balancing act making sure they grow at the same rate and don’t try to eat each other. But in general they’re mainly kept alone. Please post a pic when you get him, I love anglers
Butterfly fish, zebra batfish, and toadfish are ok tankmates provided they can't be swallowed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store