New crenicichla

Tony86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
sweden
Hello
Sadly enough my 2 zebrina died a couple of days ago :(
So now i am looking for some new crenicichla.
And want some tips of what is the best to have? Its a community tank i have. With some larger cichlid. Temporalis for example.

And i want some larger fish like lenticulata or somthing like that.

The only interesting fish for the moment i can order. Is crenicichla lugubris. And its only that name on the list so i dont know with in that lugubris genus it is.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
mrrobxc mrrobxc Rocksor Rocksor

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I have a venezuelan with psittacus, datnoids, polleni, silver dollars and clown loaches. Not exactly a looked, especially compared to zebrina but great disposition.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
When it’s listed as a lugubris it can be anything. Likely a venny. Tell me the price and I can usually tell you what it can’t be. $25 or less is likely a venny. 25-40 is likely a Johanna. 50-100 is likely an atabapo depending on price.

Don’t get a lent. They don’t make good community fish unless it’s a community of monsters.

Tony86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
sweden
When it’s listed as a lugubris it can be anything. Likely a venny. Tell me the price and I can usually tell you what it can’t be. $25 or less is likely a venny. 25-40 is likely a Johanna. 50-100 is likely an atabapo depending on price.

Don’t get a lent. They don’t make good community fish unless it’s a community of monsters.

Its about 320 dollars. The size is 25 cm.
But its proborbly more expensive here in sweden.

Okej then i will not get any lent.
And except the lugubris i can order strigata but i dont know howe they are.

Tony86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
sweden
I have a venezuelan with psittacus, datnoids, polleni, silver dollars and clown loaches. Not exactly a looked, especially compared to zebrina but great disposition.
Yeah i have hade venezuelen i couple of years ago.
A female.
Do they digg a lot ?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Pikes will dig where they make their home. For that price, I would definitely ask for pics before buying them. Post a pic on here and you’ll get help.

Lugubris and Strigata are the catch-all names that distributors use. It could literally be anything. A venny couldn’t cost that much. Depending on the premium there in Sweden, atabapo 1’s and 2’s are quite common right now and are in the 50-100 range on price between the 4-10” size range.

Tony86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
sweden
Pikes will dig where they make their home. For that price, I would definitely ask for pics before buying them. Post a pic on here and you’ll get help.

Lugubris and Strigata are the catch-all names that distributors use. It could literally be anything. A venny couldn’t cost that much. Depending on the premium there in Sweden, atabapo 1’s and 2’s are quite common right now and are in the 50-100 range on price between the 4-10” size range.
Okej my zebrinas didnt dig. And my tapajos red dont dig either.
Yeah absolutley i can ask for pics.
The fish is from Ruinemans.
You can visit there page and se a picture of the fish. And that fish looks like a vinny to me. If it is a picture of that actuall fish they sell then.

Okej actually the atabapo isnt common here now. Tapajos red is the only red pike i can get now.
Crenicichlas arent so popular here in sweden.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store