Successful Rehab - Eel

De'sir The Bat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
I just wanted to show the glow-up pictures of my Indonesian white (ghost) ribbon eel. Careen.

Sometimes you just know when an animal needs to be removed from a bad situation. He was severely underweight for his length when I first retrieved him, and I was worried he was stunted. I am so happy that the recovery was successful.

(The kink in his jaw went away with antibiotics and careful monitoring. Apparently it was a dislocation that did not reset as it should - common in young morays. Once he put on weight, it shifted back into place and the swelling vanished within a week.) He has now grown from 16 to 22 inches. Happy little Juvie/Adolescent.

De'sir The Bat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
Nice! Loving how the naturalistic setup is doing!
So I expect the move went easy?
Thanks! Actually the move is slotted for the end of September so it is coming up!!! - but we have done a TON of prep work so far and Careen here is getting a new 80g+ system! I'll keep everyone updated when the time comes, but I really wanted to share his progress.

I am also really glad you like the natural look. I prefer biotopes in all of my builds and it keeps the water quality WAY cleaner than just your typical pristine rock and sand look.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks! Actually the move is slotted for the end of September so it is coming up!!! - but we have done a TON of prep work so far and Careen here is getting a new 80g+ system! I'll keep everyone updated when the time comes, but I really wanted to share his progress.

I am also really glad you like the natural look. I prefer biotopes in all of my builds and it keeps the water quality WAY cleaner than just your typical pristine rock and sand look.
Definitely agree! Nature does a great job of cleaning up the water, for example a single oyster can filter 50-80 gallons easily, and that's a small to regular size one, since oysters are basically immortal and grow their whole lives they can continue to grow to over 3 feet. (Sorry for random derail).

Reactions: fishhead0103666

De'sir The Bat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2018
Definitely agree! Nature does a great job of cleaning up the water, for example a single oyster can filter 50-80 gallons easily, and that's a small to regular size one, since oysters are basically immortal and grow their whole lives they can continue to grow to over 3 feet. (Sorry for random derail).

Ha! I honestly appreciated the derail - Now I gotta read more about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store