My polys

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Beautiful laps Sir. I can blame you and J jaws7777 for these guys being my favourite poly atm. I have a friend with 14-16” that I have been trying to convince of me taking off his hands but not to eagerly since I will be moving across the country some time next year. They are definitely on the top of my list once I get re- homed in a place where I can have a steady set up.
Lolz, you can blame J jaws7777 , yeah it hard to have a tank without a poly, ive tried not having some but it get boring without poly.

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Yes, ive had that issue, even the poly is a big eater they just dont grow fast as endli and congi.
If you think laps are slow you should try growing a ansorgii.:D
Yup, even greedy laps have growth issues. How old you do reckon those wild caught 16"+ laps are? Lol I shudder to think how long it took those giant 23"+ WC ansorgiis we see for sale to get to those sizes.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Yup, even greedy laps have growth issues. How old you do reckon those wild caught 16"+ laps are? Lol I shudder to think how long it took those giant 23"+ WC ansorgiis we see for sale to get to those sizes.
That im not sure, my old laps only grew to 14”-15” then my 180g broke, my ansorgii grew slower than everyone, got it 10” and sold it 13”-14” but had them for almost a year, but then i dont feed everyday and only do one WC a week.

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Update: everyone doing great, eats everything that hits the floor but they taking time to get darker.
View attachment 1331930
Any suggestion how to make them darker?
Probably an impractical suggestion but perhaps use a substrate with a deeper hue of red? Or you could get some RGB LEDs to make them colours pop as you told me a few weeks back

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Update: everyone doing great, eats everything that hits the floor but they taking time to get darker.
View attachment 1331930
Any suggestion how to make them darker?
First off I like how they look now but....
I was told by one of my bosses recently to think outside the box. So I have been doing this all week it's a very refreshing way of looking at a problem. Lets do that now......
Problem -polys not dark enough....
Inside the box- darker substrate, different lights.
New improved outside the box thinking- paint! not just any paint but dark paint ohhh and water proof too! This would deffinately make them darker. Or dye dark dye put it in the water and poof darker polys.
Man I'm so glad those guys get paid so much to come up with these little bits of knowledge to pass on. See life is so much more clear now! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store