My polys

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’m not sure if this is pure coincidence or even relevant, but when I started feeding my albino oscars blood worms, they seemed to darken up and even started getting a dark rim around the edges of their fins. I’m sure you have already fed these guys all sorts of foods but just a thought that came to my mind.

I all see fails go with the paint, outside of the box. Just make sure you get quick dry enamel and spray head to tail directionally so it doesn’t coat their gills. :)

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
First off I like how they look now but....
I was told by one of my bosses recently to think outside the box. So I have been doing this all week it's a very refreshing way of looking at a problem. Lets do that now......
Problem -polys not dark enough....
Inside the box- darker substrate, different lights.
New improved outside the box thinking- paint! not just any paint but dark paint ohhh and water proof too! This would deffinately make them darker. Or dye dark dye put it in the water and poof darker polys.
Man I'm so glad those guys get paid so much to come up with these little bits of knowledge to pass on. See life is so much more clear now! :D
Lolz

Reactions: twentyleagues

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I’m not sure if this is pure coincidence or even relevant, but when I started feeding my albino oscars blood worms, they seemed to darken up and even started getting a dark rim around the edges of their fins. I’m sure you have already fed these guys all sorts of foods but just a thought that came to my mind.

I all see fails go with the paint, outside of the box. Just make sure you get quick dry enamel and spray head to tail directionally so it doesn’t coat their gills. :)
I could try blood worms, thanks.

Reactions: Matteus

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Yeah its the same light i had in the 180g, some reason sometimes they are light sometimes they are dark, just like J jaws7777 pbb.
Hao Hao told me that laps takes longer to settle in, i mean i see markings in them, maybe i just need to make a new setting in the light and make it dimmer.

I feed them mostly pellet and tilapia, i alternate the two, but sometimes ill go pellet for two weeks.
Occationally ill feed catfish,smelt,shrimp, and anchovies.

the fine flip

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2012
italy
If possible try and dim the lights? Even have parts of the tank with very little light on.
I think they have have it just like many south american ciclids for example - they do better with limited lightning.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store