TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
The tanks are looking good, you got the bug now.. The fluval substrate is awesome. I highly recommend it if your going for anything root feeding. I also fertilize as needed and my plants go nuts.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
The tanks are looking good, you got the bug now.. The fluval substrate is awesome. I highly recommend it if your going for anything root feeding. I also fertilize as needed and my plants go nuts.
Thanks. I’m still working it through what my long term plan will be for these tanks. I want to keep one bare bottom to be a breeder tank for the bettas. I will keep the fluval substrate in mind for sure.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
That is a beautiful setup!!

I started with about a dozen RCS from a long gone LFS years ago. I had them spread out among my different setups as time when on. Gave countless numbers away, etc. Just when I think they're gone (all eaten), I'll find a few. Some months back I started a setup with a simple 2.5g glass bowl, seeded sponge filter, some seeded gravel and a simple screw in LED bulb with some java moss. Now I get so many in this setup I have to scoop them out! Lousy pic, but this is how it started:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store