Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Arizona Cardinals NFL team.
Hello; Yes another one. My pointless question is something like why the songbird cardinal name is used by several teams. Many teams use animal names but they are rarely songbirds. (the Warrington Waterthrushes being the exception given to me so far).
Put another way there are a number of teams using the same nickname (wildcats, mustangs, trojans come to mind). But there are lots of songbird names that are not used at all unless I am simply out of touch.
Another thing being why cardinals is so much more popular?

Anyway a silly question that came to mind while watching a replay of a football game between two teams. One of which I had never heard of before but used the Cardinal nickname). It may just be because I started watching college ball this past season and have been out of touch. There may actually be a lot of songbird names used by teams and I have simply missed this over the years.

Part of my initial thinking was that songbirds are not bold, strong nor aggressive like tigers, rams, gators, wildcats and such. Then I wondered why the name cardinal is used by several. Perhaps a question that does not need or even have an answer.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello; Yes another one. My pointless question is something like why the songbird cardinal name is used by several teams. Many teams use animal names but they are rarely songbirds. (the Warrington Waterthrushes being the exception know of by me so far).
Put another way there are a number of teams using the same nickname (wildcats, mustangs, trojans come to mind). But there are lots of songbird names that are not used at all unless I am simply out of touch.
Another thing being why cardinals is so much more popular?

Anyway a silly question that came to mind while watching a replay of a football game between two teams. One of which I had never heard of before. It may just be because I started watching college ball this past season and have been out of touch. There may actually be a lot of songbird names used by teams and I have simply missed this over the years.

Part of my initial thinking was that songbirds are not bold, strong nor aggressive like tigers, rams, gators, wildcats and such. Then I wondered why the name cardinal is used by several. Perhaps a question that does not need or even have an answer.

I have had the same thought and most names are voted or picked by the fans. The Baltimore Orioles is another song bird named team but actually the state bird.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I think there is a team called the "Ravens" but those are not songbirds. Falcons, eagles and hawks but not song birds either.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Hello; Is he/she going to stay around for dinner?
He would be tasty, but someone def put in the work raising. I sent out a fb post. Someone needs to claim this thing before night fall or thanksgiving is going to come early for the coyotes.

I wish I could tie it to a stake and pile up the coyotes as they come in.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
He would be tasty, but someone def put in the work raising. I sent out a fb post. Someone needs to claim this thing before night fall or thanksgiving is going to come early for the coyotes.

I wish I could tie it to a stake and pile up the coyotes as they come in.
Hello; You might try the local police. When my neighbors cow got loose and was in my back yard the police must have been called because they knocked on my door. I had not seen the cow back there. I knew the owner so called him and we with the police got her back.
Anyway some one may have reported the pig missing.

Saw a dead coyote on the side of the road when riding my bicycle a while back. They are in TN now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store