"Green Crystal" Parrot Fish?

overdrive

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016

These are really interesting. They look like kirin parrots (flowerhorn/blood parrot) but the pearling is way more prominent. Has anyone heard of these and/or know what the parent species are in this hybrid?

Reactions: Go_redfish

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Those are beautiful. I'd love to see them in a more natural state. Held out of the water takes something away from them I think

Reactions: DwarfCichlidLvr

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I found some on ebay. They were wholesale housed but still very lovely.

overdrive

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
I found some on ebay. They were wholesale housed but still very lovely.
That was part of the reason I was curious! I'm almost as interested as with the kirin parrots but they don't have the red eyes which is my favorite feature. It would be kind of interesting to do a kirin/green crystal cross don't you think?

Reactions: Go_redfish

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
If its not goldfish or koi, I don't breed it on purpose. Not because I dislike em but have a limited ammount of space and I try to stick to what I'm good at for now. Id be interested in seeing the offspring if you do take up the endeavor

overdrive

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
If its not goldfish or koi, I don't breed it on purpose. Not because I dislike em but have a limited ammount of space and I try to stick to what I'm good at for now. Id be interested in seeing the offspring if you do take up the endeavor
I have the same problem unfortunately. :/

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
The one on the far right almost has the coloration of a nice looking jack Dempsey. Looks like some awesome fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store